Puppet of darkness

Hours had passed and the sun was setting over Rome. So far no sign of Diavolo or the man you are hunting. The streets of Rome were dark and humid, the only light source being the street lights. Your legs were aching and sore from walking all day, you decided to sit down by a bench to have a short rest. You let out a sigh of relief that you finally giving your legs a rest. You were so tired from today before you realized it, you had drifted off to sleep.

Despite it being nighttime, a single couple of birds were flying in the dead of night. They glide with the breeze of the wind with not a care in the world. Then without warning, one of the birds falls to the ground sliced in half. It had flown into some unknown razor that was invisible in the night. The impact of the bird and the razor made a sound that sounded like vibrating cables. The sound alerted you wide awake as you looked around frantically for the source of the sound.

You jump back up and start walking around to see what the noise is. Suddenly you felt a burning pain in your arm. You winced and flinched away only to feel another burning pain but this time on your shoulder which caused you to move away. You looked at your arm and saw a cut on your arm.

Confused you looked around. It was dark so it was hard to see why you randomly got a cut on your arm and shoulder. It took a while but you realized that you're surrounded by string." what the.." you mumbled to yourself. You reached out to touch the string but the moment your finger made contact with it you felt a burning pain. You immediately pulled your hand away and saw that the string had cut your finger like a razor.

"My, my" a voice calls out."looks like someone has finally noticed. You're now caught in my web like a fly in a spider's web" You looked around." who's there!" You called out."Show yourself!!". Your stand manifested and started cutting all of the string around you."Looks like your web couldn't hand my stand mighty claws!" You cheered." with my stand-fast claw attacks, I doubt you will stand a chance against me!" There was a short silence before you heard a giggle. You were confused at first as to why there was giggling.

"If you think your Predator Tycho can save you, you're seriously mistaken darling" You let out a huff, is this guy really serious?

Just then you caught a glimpse of something thin coming towards you. Immediately you called your stand and slowed down the time to as slow as you possibly could. You managed to slow time just in time. You then investigated what was coming towards you and saw it was more string." so that's this guy's ability" you mumbled to yourself." the ability to summon string. This is very interesting, but however I still have the advantage" you move out of the way and resume time and watch the string fly past you.

"I gotta say," the voice said again." it be my imagination but I can record that you moved from one play to another in just an instant. I think I may have figured out your abilities. Your stand can stop time or something!" You let out a groan of anger, your opponent has figured your stand out, we'll sort of.

"Gotta say!" You said, "You're a cleaver! You almost got my stand's abilities figured out! The thing is, I don't stop time, I slow down time" There was a short silence." well I was close" the voice said."gotta say your stand is truly terrifying, even the boss is scared of you. But the thing is, I have a friend who can take care of your stand" just then you sensed the presence of someone. Before you could even react it felt like you were shocked by something and just like that, your stand disappeared and you could no longer feel your stand's energy.

"What!?" You yelled in disbelief."my stand! I can't manifest Predator!!" Amid your confusion, two people walked out of the darkness and into the light. One was a woman and the other was a man."nice one Vince" the woman praised."now our little fly here can't cut her way through my strings. You glared at the two, "bastard!" You grunted, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY STAND!!?!" Vince grins before explaining.

"Introduce, my stand Pulse Source! It can disable stands and prevent them from manifesting. Don't worry, your stand is disabled temporarily but it will be hours until you can use your stand again!" Upon hearing this information, for the first time in what felt like ages, you felt despair. With your stand being disabled for the next few hours, you're in big trouble since the woman's stand can summon razor-like strings.

'Shit!' You thought to yourself.' what should I do!? Should I make a run for it and wait for my stand to be free of the effects!? At this rate, I'm toast if I don't think of anything!!' Just then more razor strings came flying at you.' fuck it! I'm getting outta here!!' You then made a run for it. Since your stand is disabled you can't fight.

"Where do you think you're going, darling!!" The woman calls out before she stands razor strings tie themselves around your legs and you fall to the ground. You were then dragged back before being thrown into the air and slammed back onto the ground, hitting the back of your head on the ground and you lost consciousness.
_______________________

The moment you regain consciousness, you find yourself in a large dark room. You let out a groan as your head was aching. You were going to reach for the back of your head but your arm didn't move. You were confused at first but soon found that you were hanging from a string that was tied around your body. Around your arms, legs, waist, chest, even around your throat. The worst part was that it was all cutting into your flesh and it burned.

You tried to summon your stand but to no avail." summoning your stand won't be necessary!" A voice calls out. It was Vince's voice. He steps out of the darkness along with the same woman you were fighting." had a nice sleep darling?" The woman asks." you scoffed before replying."yes, I was having a nice dream about making kebabs out of you and feeding you to my stand, speaking of which, I haven't it fed in a while!"

Without warning you then began coughing out blood. The string around your chest began digging into you while you cough which caused you to groan. You feel incredibly lightheaded from the blood loss and your body is on fire.

"I see our guest has woken up!" Another voice appears, it is a deep and subduing voice.

To be continued