Arrow's Internal War

Arrow stepped outside of the room, Price was waiting with his arms crossed. "Impressive. Using blanks."

"Usually works after a bit of mental distress, sir." Arrow smirked.

"Would you have actually pulled the trigger on the wife if it was real?" Price arched an eyebrow.

Arrow nodded without hesitation. "Yes sir."

Price turned his gaze to the room behind him, it was the family's room. He turned his gaze back to Arrow. "If we are compromised, you finish the mission."

Arrow nodded again as Price stepped away, heading back outside. Arrow blinked until he saw a familiar figure approaching him, he smiled as he was brought back into reality with his thoughts. Frost was stepping over to him, "Hey, it's time for our patrol." She still wore her helmet and mask, but even then Arrow knew she was still smiling underneath. The two could be alone and truly just talk with each other.

The two left the camp and had continued quite a distance away from the camp as Arrow stared off into the forest around the pair, "We'll have to go out there soon."

"Are you worried?"

Arrow was silent for a second, "I cannot not worry for my squad. I said to them I'd protect them as much as I could."

Frost paused as her shoulders sagged. "It's war dear. We will always be forced to say goodbye to someone."

Arrow shook his head, "Not these soldiers, I raised them after the battle of DC and made sure they knew everything I could teach them."

"They're your kids."

Arrow slowly nodded, "Yeah... in a way. Younger siblings if anything."

Frost turned her head to Arrow as she unbuckled her helmet and ripped her face cover off, smiling at him with a heartfelt smile, "They'll be safe."

Arrow's insides mellowed out as his lover's words resonated deep within him. "I suppose... think we can join them?"

Frost shook her head. "You're here to talk to the Russians we snagged."

Arrow just turned his head slightly, annoyed with that response. "Yeah, I suppose so."

Frost snapped her head back to the treeline, raising her weapon slightly. Arrow soon followed as the two began to advance slowly and cautiously. Voices were heard, but quiet. Arrow took point as he ripped the brush out of the way, followed by a gasp and a weapon cocking. Arrow blinked and began to laugh. Metal blushed heavily as Rattle kept his weapon trained on Arrow until the groups realized who each other was.

"Don't scare us boss."

Metal turned red, muttering to herself in Spanish as she covered her face. It was clear what the two were doing, or about to start doing.

Arrow coughed, trying to catch his breath. "I never imagined you and Metal, Rattle."

"We don't speak of it!" Metal quickly shouted as she covered up. Nothing was exposed, but it was the same nature of an older sibling walking in on you. Arrow just shook his head and turned around, facing away from the caught pair.

Metal quickly took the opportunity to throw on her jacket while Rattle stepped away from Metal. "We're good now boss."

Arrow turned around and shook his head, "Pick a better spot away from the patrol route."

Rattle shrugged. "Wasn't quite thinking. Besides, we figured we only had one night bef-" Metal punched him before he could finish his sentence. She glared at him as she shook her head briefly to the side with her hair falling and landing behind her ears.

Arrow narrowed his eyes, "The mission?"

Metal closed her eyes and nodded. "Only a team of five are going."

"Who's all on it?"

Rattle blinked as he turned his head to Metal. Metal inhaled, "Rattle, Feather, Lightning, Iron, and myself."

Arrow frowned, "Everyone but my squad."

The pair nodded as Arrow closed his eyes and shook his head, his group was on the move without him. Re-opening his eyes, extreme worry surged through him. He took a few steps back, continuing on with his patrol without saying a word. Frost glanced over at Arrow and exhaled. Man did have a lot of issues.

Arrow stood in front of the five as the sun was to rise in a few hours. "If any contact happens, you inform me immediately and I'll be there."

Everyone nodded as Frost raised her eyebrow, "Arrow, they're soldiers. They can handle themselves." Immediately everyone shot her a glance as Arrow just shook his head and stepped away with Ironsides to discuss alternatives. "What's with him being so... worried about you all?"

Rattle watched his boss from a distance, "Man lost his entire squad including a soldier right out of arm's reach during the Battle of DC."

Frost was stunned for a second, "He never told me that."

Metal lowered her head, "His squad viciously fought for the White House but they were soon overran. No one except Arrow made it out, his whole platoon was wiped out. Only his Platoon Leader and a few others made it out from different units. He took it... personally."

Feather glanced up to the dark cloudy sky as the wind slightly blew, shaking the trees gently along with its breeze. "He's overbearing to cope with his loss. He means well."

"Were any of you there?" The others shook their heads as Frost quietly asked.

"Ironsides was nearby with another unit. Rest of us were being rotated out of Virginia from heavy fighting." Lightning replied as Frost lowered her head.

"I should apologize then."

"No need, just watch over his back when he needs you." Another voice sounded as she looked up. Ironsides crossed his arms as he nodded at Frost.

Frost nodded in response, "Then I'll be there for him."

"Good, he'll need it today." Ironsides turned around as Arrow watched his squad depart for their mission. He clenched his fists as internally he argued over and over that either they needed him or they'd be fine.