Asking Liam

After the meeting with The Queen I drove down to the place where my wedding dress is being made to make some last minute decisions on the dress and veil. I wanted something elegant and classy yet something breathtaking. Hopefully the queen will love my dress and especially Alexander. While in the shop I got a call from my mother.

"Hello?" I answered

" Adaline my darling, I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing, and to see if I can take some stress off of you?" my mother Maisy said.

" Oh mummy I am doing just fine, thank you for checking up on me and maybe there is something you might be able to do" I said

" Yes darling, what can I do for you? Mother asked.

"Could you set dinner up for me, you and my brother? I want to ask him a very important question and it's been a few weeks since I've seen you guys and I want to show you my veil for my wedding but I want to surprise you with my dress on my wedding day!" I said to my mom.

" Yes of course dear we can have dinner tomorrow!" my mother said joyfully

" Thank you mama! I will see you tomorrow! I've  got to go mama I love you!" I said to my mother as we bid our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

As I put my phone down the seamstress had me get into my dress and everything looked perfect but still makes me nervous of the roles and is giving me doubts and wondering if I can be good enough for the royal family and my future husband, am I strong enough to do this?

After a while I went home and sat on our couch just letting my mind wonder until I heard a low "darling" coming from the man I love.

" Adaline darling, what's wrong? You can always talk to me." Alexander said with a concerned look on his face and worry in his eyes.

" I'm just thinking about my new life and just wondering if I am good enough for this family or for the people. I even wonder if I am good enough for you, what if I can't be who you need me to be during our tours and future queen consort?" I ramble on until Alexander held me into his arms while soothing and shushing me

" My darling please know that you are everything to me and already everything I need you to be and more, you are specks of light that shine through the dark cloudy days, a first breath of air we gasp swimming back to the surface you are needed. You are good enough to be you and the people already love you and my family loves you and loves you for being who you are." Alexander said while holding me and running his fingers through my hair. "You Adaline are extraordinary, I mean every word I say and I'll do everything in my power to show you more than tell you and I will move Heaven and Earth to show you how much you are loved in my eyes and the peoples eyes" He said while never letting me go and in that moment I feel like a whole weight is being lifted of my shoulders and a sense of ease shining through, Alexander always knew what to say and gave me hope enough for us and I am truly lucky to be with this man.

It was the next day , the day where I'll visit my mother and older brother Liam

My mother prepared an amazing meal with her famous shepherds pie that my brother and I love very much.

"Adie! Or should I start saying "your royal highness"?" Liam asked while giving me a hug and kiss on top of my head, my brother is 8 years older than me but he's been my father figure since we lost our father at a young age due to cancer and our mother never remarried, she always said that pa was the love of her life and he brought her so much joy and will never be able to find another man like the man she loves.

"Just call me Addie you dummy, nothing has to change between us Liam" I said

"Well anyways mum said you had a serious question you wanted to ask me, so go on ask away." He said jokingly

"I do have a question to ask you, and I just want you to know that it's very important to me and would be an absolute honor if you could walk me down the aisle to my wedding. I know our father would love for you to take his place." I said with slight tears in my eyes.

" Adaline Marie Anderson, it would be MY HONOR to walk you down the aisle, I know papa would've loved to do it himself and to know that you will be a future leader to our country and would absolutely love the man you are marrying even though he would have joked with you guys about how Alexander isn't good enough for his princess and doesn't care if he's an actual prince and could make you a true princess. But I know papa would deep down know that you are in good hands with Prince Alexander. So Adi thank you for asking me to walk you down, it truly means the world to me that I can be the man for the job and give you away." My brother said with tears streaming down his face as he talked about papa.

" Thank you Liam, Please wear your Military uniform to the wedding since you are one of the highest rank." I said proud of my brother

" Of course " Your Highness" I cannot believe that one day you'll be my boss" Liam said with a big smile and a loud laugh.

" Your father would be proud of you both just like how I am proud of you both and I am so very lucky that you two choose me to be your mother and I thank god everyday for you guys and to keep you both safe, I love you both so much" Our mother said with so much love in her eyes.

"Oh Mummy we love you too" Liam and I said together.

" okay darling let's see that veil you picked out" my mum said with light in her eyes

"of course mama." I said with a slight giggle  

"Ad- Adaline! is- is that my wedding veil? I thought that my wedding veil was gone I thought I'd never see it again..." mother said surprise with at little sadness to her voice.     " Well mama it's not exactly your veil well it's a replica... I took your wedding photo to the seamstress to make a new veil, I wanted to honor you in my wedding" I said to my mother with a smile on my face hoping she would love it.    " Darling, Thank you.  I wanted to save my wedding veil for you to wear it on your big day but unfortunately I lost it to the fire and to see that you made a replica warms my heart and gives me great memories of your father.  Thank you Adaline for honoring me this way and maybe now you can pass this on to your future daughter on her big day!" mama said with a slight smirk. " MAMA!!! " I yelled while letting a slight giggle out.  " I am just saying love! I can't wait to be a gran-gran!" Mother said with a smile.