Chapter 5: First Day

The next morning, the Maximals woke up early. Though, this wasn't by design. They had all agreed to wake up about an hour or so before their classes were supposed to start, giving them plenty of time to get ready and dressed for their first day of school.

However, Optimus awoke with a start two hours earlier than they intended, in turn causing the others to wake up as well. He couldn't help but feel a sense of . . . dread, for some reason. It was almost a terrifying, in a sense. It was the same feeling he had felt right before Unicron arrived at their homeworld. But as Optimus looked out the window at the early morning sky above, he closed his eyes for a moment and let out a faint sigh of relief not seeing Unicron. Though, the bad feeling still remained for a moment.

"Everything alright?" Rhinox asked as he hopped out of his own bed, having noticed Optimus' slightly panicked expression.

"Yeah, everything is fine," Optimus replied, shrugging off the bad feeling as he got out of bed and stretched his limbs for a moment.

"Well, since we're all up, any ideas how to spend the time?" Airazor asked.

"How about going back to sleep?" Cheetor mumbled as he laid in his bed before pulling the covers over his head and trying to go back to sleep.

This was something the Maximals were used to by now. Unlike the others, Cheetor was extremely fond of a good night's sleep, and preferred to sleep in rather than wake up early. Though considering the circumstances, now might have been an acceptable time for his behavior.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get a head start on the day," Optimus noted as he went towards their dorm's bathroom, his Beacon uniform in hand and ignoring Cheetor's comment.

The Beacon Uniform was . . . a strange design. At least, it was in the minds of the Maximals.

The boy's uniform consisted of a white collared shirt and black dress pants along with a black blazer, a red tie, and black dress shoes. The girl's uniform consisted of a red plaid skirt, a white shirt with a red ribbon around the collar, dress shoes, and a dark brown blazer. They were told ahead of time that they could add onto their uniforms as they saw fit, within reason of course.

Though for the Maximals, especially Optimus and Airazor, their uniforms had to be edited to fit their Faunus features. For Optimus, he just didn't wear his shoes, seeing as his feet were that of a gorilla's, but he went ahead with the rest of the outfit. Airazor had to have her jacket specially made to accommodate her wings, and now sported slits in the back she could easily slip her wings through.

All in all, they didn't mind the uniforms all that much. They did inhibit the movement of their holoforms a little bit. But since they wouldn't have to wear them during combat, they let that slide for the moment.

By the time Optimus, Rhinox, and Airazor had changed into their uniforms, Cheetor had, reluctantly, finally decided to get up. Though it did take the urging of Airazor, courtesy of a small beam of heat to Cheetor's tail, to finally coerce the young Maximal out of bed and to get ready.

By the time everyone was dressed and ready, they had about thirty minutes to get to class. So after quickly checking the Transwarp Key in the desk's secret compartment, a habit that developed over their three months on Remnant, the Maximals left their dorm. As they past one of the dorms, which belonged to team RWBY, they could hear them unpacking on the other side of the door.

The walk to their first class, which was Grimm Studies with Professor Port, was a short one. Having spent the past three months at Beacon, they were all pretty familiar with the layout of the school, having memorized most of the basics along with a few other things.

Their classroom was, like other classrooms at Beacon, rather large, with a large area in the front with a teacher's desk and multiple long desks going upwards a few rows, giving all students the ability to clearly see the front of the room no matter where they sat. Aside from the basic features all classrooms had, this one also had multiple boards displaying multiple kinds of Grimm at the front with two cages on the far side of the room, both of which just happened to be making some slight growling noises. Though, considering the subject this class taught, it didn't take a genius to figure out just what was inside of them.