chapter four

-oddinary world-

after hyunjin's sister died, he's been very quiet and he barely even talks at meetings and discussions.

it's been a week since.

also we've been staying a lot at chan's place since there could be an emergency.

"yongbok, do you want some fruits?" seungmin asked as he opened the fridge. "no thanks"

"did you actually see hyunjin's sister?"

"yeah. she was already dead when we got there-"

"hyungies, let's go to the arcade!" jeongin walks into the kitchen. "let's have lunch first, goddamnit" seungmin scoffed. "i heard yeji got killed because of you?" jeongin smiled, like a psychopath, staring into my soul.

"i.n, you'll make him feel bad. he eliminated over 20 clones that day, be glad" seungmin scoffed. "and felix, it's okay. many people have already died because of us. we're still finding ways to prevent that" he continued and i nodded.

"felix" another voice chimed in and we turned our heads to see hyunjin, standing at the doorway. "can we talk? privately?" he asked and i immediately got up from my seat and followed him to the balcony.

i gulped a bit, since, he hates me so much he probably blames me for his sister's death.

i feel guilty too.

"thank you for assisting me the other day. i could've died.. and i was being selfish." he said and i looked down.

"it's alright, it's the least i can do.. and i'm sorry. but i'm glad, i thought you'd want to kill me"

"whatever, just be careful next time" he rolled his eyes and went inside.

well.. at least he doesn't hate me that much anymore, right?

-

i was at the arcade, i lost jeongin and seungmin and as i was looking for them, something caught my eye. i saw a couple, holding hands, and walking around deciding which games to play, laughing together.

they looked extremely happy.

oh how i wish to have a partner to be happy with. in my dreams, i did.

"lix, there you are" i heard hyunjin's voice. he wasn't with us? "i saw jeongin and seungmin earlier. they told me to look for you" he smiled as i turned around to him.

he came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder, and handed me a lollipop. "let's look for them, shall we.." he sighed.

why is he suddenly acting like this?

is this his clone?

but still.. hwang hyunjin? walking around with me like this?

i was about to eat the lollipop and then i saw the younger two. "hyunjin, there they are!" i pointed towards them but he kept on heading to another direction. "hyunjin"

"let's just call them later" he scoffed. that's when i heard gunshots.

everyone started screaming and running around. "felix that's a clone!" i heard seungmin shouted and i looked back, but hyunjin walked faster with me.

the lollipop in my hand melted, and burnt my hand so i immediately dropped it. "fuck off!" i shouted and pushed him away.

i don't have any weapon on me. i don't think clones can be killed with bare hands.