chapter two

-oddinary world-

"oi, yongbok. focus." i shook my thoughts off, paying attention again to changbin, who was teaching me how to shoot and not miss. "is it still the clone you saw?" he asked and i nodded. "don't let it bother you. it's just a weaker clone"

"it was disturbing hearing myself laugh like that.. he was smiling like a psychopath too."

"that's just a distraction, you can't even focus on anything" he said and i looked down. "yeah right. sorry." "it's okay, let's try again" he smiled and helped me load the gun.

he gave it to me and i aimed it at the perfectly red apple on the dummy's head.

"try and think of that as hyunjin's clone" he chuckled and i pulled the trigger.

it was a perfect shot.

"you hate him that much? or are you just that good already" he laughed, giving me a different one. "i don't hate him, we're in the same team.. can't hate him" i said, shooting another.

"hate him or not, the only thing that really matters is.. we shouldn't kill our real selves. the clones don't disappear even after the original form dies. that's the most dangerous thing"

"but how do you know? if we're the only people who has clones and.. haven't died yet?"

"there was someone before you. we accidentally killed him, his clones didn't disappear.. from this world, they did, and they stopped multiplying.. but the remaining clones are still in the other worlds. we can't go to other worlds, but people can enter this place."

"hm.. not fair."

"i know." he sighed, putting the guns down on the table and taking the bullets out. "but weaker clones dissappear or glitch with one touch, and we all just need something to differentiate ourselves from them, so we'll be okay now." he said and i nodded.

soon the lesson was over, and he told me chan needed to see me so i went to his office. he was sitting at his desk, minho on the couch, playing games on his phone and jeongin on the desk.

"you called?"

"sit down" chan said, pointing at a chair in front of his table. i sat down as he opened his notebook and grabbed a pen. "the other day you saw a clone, right? did it have another hair colour?" i shook my head. "does it have freckles? or does it look exactly like you?"

"it was like looking at a mirror but i'm wearing another outfit"

"does it have green eyes?" jeongin asked. did the clone have green eyes? i never even thought of what was different between us cause it looked basically like me.

"no i don't think it does. why?"

"nevermind about that. anyway, let's talk about the other world." chan said, flipping the pages. "do you remember seeing someone like us?" he asked.

"i think.. i might've seen hyunjin"

"what was he like?"

"he has brown eyes.. and long, blonde hair.. and smiles a lot, and extremely nice"

"to you?"

"i don't remember anything else but that."

"okay.. what about those rings? you've never taken them off since you came in this world. is it something important you can remember?" minho asked, getting up from the couch and i looked down to my rings.

black and white rings, on my index finger.

"i don't know where i got it but it felt wrong taking them off.." i said, staring at them.

it's true i've been wearing it, way before i even got into this world, but i can't remember where and when did i get it. it's not something i would buy, i have a feeling someone gave it to me and it felt wrong to take them off so i never took them off.

"try to remember, okay?" chan smiled.

sometimes. just sometimes, i would have dreams about the other world.

and in those dreams, the rings were from hyunjin.

"but chan, if my dreams are maybe connected with my life in the other world, the rings.."

"hm?"

"nevermind."

-

"felix, we have to go" hyunjin said as he entered the living room. "what?"

"clones" he said, passing me a gun. i stared at his hand and the gun for while. "people can die because of you, hurry up!" he shouted and i flinched a bit, grabbing the gun and followed him outside.

we hopped into the car and he started driving. "where are they right now?"

"the shopping mall. my sister is there too."

i didn't even know he has a sister.

in the other world, if i remember correctly, he's an only child. so i thought he'd be an only child here too.

soon we arrived to the shopping mall, and many people were running out of the building, screaming and crying.

we grabbed our guns and ran inside the mall.

so many people were already dead.

"yeji!" hyunjin shouted, running towards a dead body, of a girl who looked similar to him. he fell on his knees, holding her close to him. "yeji.."

"hyunjin-"

"this could've been prevented, fucking bitch!" he shouted at me. "i-" "i couldn't see her for five fucking years! and now she's dead, all because of you!"

"i-i'm sorry-"

"aw, you're blaming your friend now" we heard a voice, similar to hyunjin's.

we looked over to the end of the hall to see his clone. "woah, yeji.. you couldn't see each other for five years, hm.."

"die!" hyunjin shouted, shooting him. but he didn't immediately die or disappear. he glitched a little, as he was laughing like a maniac.

"guess who killed your beloved sister! she doesn't know you ran away because of your clones, and when she finally found you again, you killed her" the clone said.

"you're the one who fucking killed her, you bitch!"

"well.. i'm still you. i'm hwang hyunjin too"

"shut up, your heartless ass will never be him!" i shouted and shoot the clone again.

this time, he dropped dead on the floor.

"i'll go look for other clones. you can take care of her body." i said, loading my gun again and left him.

"don't tell me what to do.."

-

writing a book is harder than i thought it would be lmaoo
i need to think of more filler chapters and shit
i myself need to really know what is going on-
and what do you think of yeji and hyunjin being siblings in this book?

lol anyway i'll try to update more! y'all really motive me <3

- yoonie xx