19

It took an unholy amount of scrubbing to get the dirt free from my skin. But there was no way in hell that I was going on a date covered in dirt. I know that Dal won't care because he knows the reason but I care. I want to look my best for him. Or my version of the best. Because my long hair takes forever to dry, I french braid it into two braids to keep it manageable. As I dry myself off in my bedroom, my eyes scan over my closet. What to wear? As much as I wanted to go with my go-to outfit of a t-shirt, jeans and my leather jacket, this is a date. Not a normal outing with the gang. I decide on a pare of jean shorts and a flannel tied over a tank top. It's not too much nicer than my normal but it's different. It was my best option since I didn't necessarily want to wear Soda's old dress clothes. 
      I slowly push the door open to our parents room. A room I haven't stepped foot into in a long time. I walk inside and close the door behind me before turning on the lights. Illuminating the space. There was a vanity against the wall that my mom would sit at to get ready in the morning. I take a seat on the chair and my eyes scan over the makeup. I've never worn any makeup nor did mom ever teach me how to wear any but I think I get the gist. I pick up a lipstick, opening it to see the shade. It's the classic red color she always wore. Taking off the cap, I twist the bottom to reveal the lip stick. I lean in close to the mirror and slowly start to apply it. Keeping it only on my lips. When they are covered, I pull away and rub my lips together. I have to admit, I don't hate the look of it. My eyes drift down to the picture on the vanity. It's of me and mom. Sitting at the piano side by side. I try my best not to cry as I pick up the picture. I was probably eight years old. There's another photo that had just us siblings sitting on the front porch. I pick up that picture as well and take it back to my bedroom. 
       The orange light filling the house tells me that it was time to go. If I try to lie to Darry, he will see that I'm wearing lipstick and wonder what I was up to. I'll have to sneak out. I've never had to before. He's been a little strict since mom and dad died. But he's never given me a reason to sneak out before. All I have to do is ask to leave and he lets me. 
      Carefully, I slide a few stacks of books from a chest beneath my window. I then slide my window up as quietly as I can. My foot steps up into the chest and I climb out the window. My feet each landing on the grass outside. Once my window is closed, I rush to the front gate. Ducking in case anyone could see me in the window. I felt my heart racing as I rush to the lot. It's been so long since I've felt this way about a guy. It's only been Dallas recently. 
      My eyes land on Dallas' car. Or Bucky's car. I beam and rush to it. The top is up and he's sitting inside. I knock on the window before getting inside. Closing the door as I sit on the passenger side. 
     "You're wearing your hair down." He states with a smile. 
     "I am." I smile back. 
     "I like it." He declares before putting the car in drive and pulling out from where he was parked. 
      "Thanks." My cheeks flush gently. He was wearing a clean pare of jeans and a short sleeve button up shirt. His hair was in it's normal messy state. "You look really handsome." 
        "Thanks doll. I thought I might as well dress up for you." He glanced over at me with a smile. 
        When we arrive at the drive in, he pays for our tickets. I offer to pay for my own but he said that the lady should never pay on the first date. 
        "That's the gentleman's job." Dallas says as he finds a space to park near the middle of the area. 
         "You're a gentleman?" I tease. 
          He smirked and chuckled. "For tonight and tonight only." 
          I chuckle as well. "Can I at least get the snacks?" 
          "Alright fine." He said with a sigh. "Get me a coke and a popcorn, okay?" 
          "Will do." I nod. 
           I get out of the car and walk to the snack stand. The movie was starting yet so unfortunately there was a bit of a line. Apparently it was date night for a lot of socs. The line was pretty much all couples in fancy clothes. Either making out or being all over each other. It makes me want to throw up. Well...I shouldn't judge. Seeing as how I hope that was me and Dal at the end of the night. 
          When I finally get everything, I manage to bring it all back to the car. Handing over Dally his popcorn and coke. As the movie stats, we get settled. Putting the speakers in the windows so we can hear it. I'm so used to sneaking into the movies with the gang, I don't think I've ever actually sat in a car at the drive in movie. 
         "Why are you so far away, doll?" Dally's voice gets my attention and I watch as he puts up the center console and pats the spot next to him with his hand. 
          I move over happily sitting right next to him. He wraps his arm around me and I lean against him. Putting my head on his shoulder. Making my heart soar as I feel his body warmth against me. I start to nibble on the popcorn as I watch the movie with him. This was paradise. Just me and him, no worries. Just us. His hand that was on my shoulder starts to rub it slowly. Giving me goosebumps on my skin. Every so often, I take a sip of my coke. But as the movie goes on, I set both cups on the dash to focus on the movie and Dal. I feel a soft kiss on my forehead. Which makes me slowly look up and my eyes meet his gaze. Sending butterflies in my stomach. I watch as he leans down. Making me lean upward. I feel his warm breath on my skin before our lips connect. And his lips are just as wonderful as I remember. My hand rests on his chest. 
          He lips part from mine but our faces stay close. "Are you wearing lipstick?" He asks. 
          I nod a little. "Yeah." 
          "I thought so."His hand gently cups my chin and his thumb runs along the edge of my lips. Maybe some transferred. "It was hard to tell when it got dark but I don't remember your lips being that red." He said with a smile. 
           "I found some at home and decided to wear it since it was a special occasion." I explain. "Do you...like it?" 
           "I think it makes you look even more beautiful than you already are." 
           His response makes my heart flutter and I kiss his cheek. Leaving a red kiss mark on his skin. His hand pulls my chin so my face leans in closer to him. He kisses me again and our lips move in sync. At this rate, I'll definitely not have any lipstick left. And I couldn't care less. The kiss began to get more heated, his tongue glides along my lips. Asking for entrance. Which a grant. Parting my lips for him. His tongue began to swirl around mine. I don't stop a gentle moan from escaping my throat. His hand rests on my thigh before it began to slide upward. Sending goosebumps again on my skin. His hand lifts to my stomach and starts to move upward. Causing a tingling feeling elsewhere. He gently slides his hand over my cover breast. I'm not used to such a gentle touch. 
        His hand switched to my waist and I feel him tug on me. Wanting me to get onto his lap. Which makes me pull away. My face heating up quickly. I try my best to calm myself down. 
        "Dal..." I say breathlessly as his hand caresses my thigh. He starts to gently kiss my neck. "Dallas." My head leans back to give him more room. "Wait..." He pulls away from my neck and looks at me. "Not here. I don't want someone to see us." 
        "How about..." He whispers. Leaning in and kissing my neck again. The hand that was on my thigh moves to cup my face. He leaves a trail of kisses up my neck and to my left ear."...I take you back to Buck's?" His breath sends shivers down my spine. The good kind. "Then I'll take you home. Safe and sound. How about that, doll?" 
        The feeling of his lips on my skin made it hard to concentrate on his words. I manage to speak breathlessly. "That sounds perfect..."