Chapter 4: Ladybug or Marinette?

Detransforming on his bed, Adrien's head was in the clouds. He couldn't stop smiling, and he loved it.

Plagg flew over Adrien, watching his owner. What does he think he's doing visiting Marinette as Chat Noir like that. "You look like a love struck idiot" he said to his holder, expecting some sort of retaliation, some sort of denial, but to his surprise it never came.

"I never noticed how blue her eyes are," Adrien said back. Still lying on his back, staring off into who knows where.

Confused by the blonde, Plagg said, "I thought you liked Ladybug," wanting to remind Adrien of his partner. Which is in fact Marinette, but he doesn't need to know that. Yet...

"I do" he replied.

"Ok... so what about Pigtails?"

"Plagg, you know she's just a..." he began saying, but stopped himself before he could finish that all too familiar sentence. Only having said it in the first place more so to convince himself along those around him. As if a bold of lightning crashed through his ceiling and struck him right in the head, he sprung up insanely fast now sitting up on his bed. "Oh no, I think I like Marinette,".

At this, Plagg couldn't help but break out into an all out laughing fit.

Adrien watched as his kwami held his stomach, practically crying from how badly he was laughing. "Plagg, this is serious, what do I do? I can't like two girls at once!" Adrien cried out in concern. Feeling like his brain and heart was being torn apart at the thought.

But his question only made Plagg laugh even harder. The black cat now rolling around on the floor, banging his tiny fists in his fit of giggles. He couldn't help himself, knowing how stupid Adrien's dilemma is, because in fact, he doesn't like two girls. Marinette and Ladybug are in fact completely the same person.

...

Adrien was running, why was he running? The space around him was fields of green, stretching out in all directions as far as the eye could see.

Reaching a clearing, there she was. Is that Marinette? A girl stood there in the open field, surrounded by flowers. She stood on top of a picnic blanket, red with black and white polka dots. Ladybug?

Moving his eyes up from the blanket, he saw the baby blue and white patterned sundress she wore. She was absolutely beautiful.

With the sunlight soft on her skin, she was glowing, her hair braided back into an updo. It was definitely Marinette.

Her hands were fiddling with each other behind her back, her head tilted down with her eyes playfully eyeing up on him.

Swaying from side to side, she brought one of her arms in front of her. Motioning Adrien over in her direction.

In a sort of haze, he walked over to her no question. As he approached, she tackled him down to the ground, causing the two to roll over each other. She landed on top of him.

Propping herself up, she placed her hands on both sides of Adriens head, right around his shoulders. His breathing became heavy, and his heartbeat quickened.

His hands on instinct found themselves holding onto her waist.

Like a siren song, Adrien was stuck in a trance. She gave him a devious look, right as she started leaning in...

"WAKE UP" shouted Plagg.

"AAHHH" Adrien screamed in shock from the kwami's shouting in his face. "Plagg, what was that?! I was having a really good dream!" he complained. Rubbing his head, trying to remember as many details of his dream as possible before it was lost to his memory.