Vol. 6: Chapter 5.2 - Weakness and Detriment

Start from the beginning

"Well, that's just how we are. If we were to suddenly dislike Miyacchi for wanting to be alone, then we're no different from those typical friend groups with annoying hierarchies."

"I also don't like adjustin' my schedule out of nowhere if it's nothin' too important. I understand if someone doesn't wanna hang out."

"I see, I see. There's no stress about not making contact. I can see why Ayanokouji-dono's schedule doesn't feel like that of a normie's," said Professor.

I mostly spend my free time reading manga and light novels, so I can see why Professor would think that. Then again, I'd get lots of messages from different friends and acquaintances, which is pretty distracting.

"It sounds very refreshing. 'Feels as though there wouldn't be any changes in how we're acting even if we join the Ayanokouji Group," said Ijuuin.

"Yep, that's basically it. Apart from a slight increase in the number of people talking to me, I don't really feel like anything has changed in my school life," nodded Akito. 

"Is it really okay for us to be part of your group, though?" Professor asked in a tone that was noticeably different from his usual character.

"I'm fine with it as long as everyone else is," answered Ken.

Airi's smiled gently as she agreed in silence.

"Join the Ayanokouji Group, huh...?" pondered Yukimura. "Hmm... I've never been part of a friend group before. I found them unnecessary. But honestly, I don't mind getting along with you guys even after this."

It seems like the energy of the Ayanokouji Group's members gave Yukimura a nice environment to dwell in. I'm sure that Professor and Ijuuin feel the same way.

"How about you guys? Are you joining us or not?" Ken asked the two other bespectacled guys.

"Well, Hasebe-san already gave us some nice nicknames. It would be a shame if we declined the offer," replied Ijuuin.

"Mn, mn." The slightly embarrassed Professor nodded in agreement.

"Alrigh-!" Haruka's excitement was extinguished when Airi and Akito gestured for her to keep it down. "E-Eherm. I almost forgot that we're in the library. Anyway, I want us to call each other by our first names. That's our proof of friendship."

"Eh? Horikita isn't part of the group, right? But you call her Suzunon..."

"This is this, and that is that," Haruka replied with a stiff smile.

"Don't just use that when it's convenient..." bantered Akito.

"How about you, leader? You've been silent this whole time. What are your thoughts on this?" Haruka turned to me, miming a mic near my mouth.

"I don't really mind. I've known all three of them even before this study group was formed. As you guys have said earlier, it doesn't really feel like there are any downsides to this kind of free-for-all group," I replied. "And don't call me 'leader'."

"The leader has spoken~!" Haruka exclaimed with a husky whisper.

After the study session ended, all of them decided to have some fun at Keyaki Mall before going home. They invited me to join, but I still had some duties to fulfill as part of the "question makers".

Character Notes:

Name of Student: Minami Setsuya

Class Representative: Horikita Suzune
Gender: Male
Birthday: April 26th
Height: 185 cm (6'1")
Hair Color: Black/Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Year 1 Evaluation:

Academic Ability: C+
Intelligence: B
Decision-Making: B-
Physical Ability: B+
Cooperativeness: D-

Personality: Minami could be accurately described as a "Class Jock" much like Sudou Ken. He is very outgoing and prefers to chill with his friends. He picks on them as a sign of friendship and respect. That said, he likes to make fun of people like Ike or Yamauchi who are at the bottom of the social hierarchy. After all, he stands amongst the ones at the top. There's Hirata and Ayanokouji who are both respected by guys and well-liked by girls. However, while Minami is very well-respected by the guys, he isn't popular with the girls due to his hot-headedness and childish personality. 

Hobbies: Minami likes to play video games. He respects people like Professor or Ijuuin because they are both skilled and knowledgeable about video games. Other than that, he likes to exercise, even buying a pair of dumbells so he can lift them inside his room. Minami also loves to chew gum. But of course, he could only do so outside of school hours because it's considered as misconduct.

Abilities: Minami is one the of most athletic students in Horikita's class. While he is deemed childish, he finds it uncool to try and show off, that's why his physical abilities are often overshadowed by others. In reality, he is just as athletic as someone like Hirata. He was even a starter for his middle school baseball team.

Gallery: