Chapter 27 - Vacation & Positive 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

Winter sighed it had been almost a month since prom, and she was now enjoying her summer vacation. Her and Jasper would be spending the week in Vancouver.

Life for her has improved significantly, although she has been a bit under the weather the past week. She had a nagging suspicion of what it was, but was in denial as it was impossible, and she hadn't been able to bring herself to ask any in the family.

Jasper glance from his provisional vision to see his mate was still looking off into the distance. She has been quiet since departure from the airport to his cabin, he would visit it a few times a year when he wanted peace and quiet.

 She has been quiet since departure from the airport to his cabin, he would visit it a few times a year when he wanted peace and quiet

Jasper with his vision could see the cabin within the distance. "What's on your mind darling?". He asked startling Winter out of her thoughts.

"Sorry, what did you say Jaz?". Winter asked feeling the heat going down her neck.

"You've been quiet since we left the airport, even before that it seemed as your mind was somewhere else". Jasper said pulling the SUV rental into the snow covered driveway.

"Honestly I've been doing a lot of thinking lately whether or not I would return to school after summer break. I have enough credits to graduate early. There aren't many people I'm close to other than Angela, but sooner or later she unfortunately won't be able to be apart of my life anymore". Winter said although it wasn't what really was on her mind during the drive.

Jasper knew there was something more to it as he felt Winter's heart falter a bit but decided not to push it. "If you decide not to do our final year we can always do some type of traveling while doing school online. In the future we will end up going back to school it's honestly not a big deal". Jasper said as he knew they had an immortal life down the line, they had all the time in the world.

"Maybe next summer, if I decide to leave school early I'd rather stick around town for a bit and spend time with my dad. He's still a bit depressed of what happened with Bella. I don't wanna leave him alone". Winter said as her eyes went down to her hands.

Charlie had kept his promise of not mentioning Bella around her but she knew it still hurt him that her sister didn't want to see him and it seemed that she wasn't getting any better. Renee also kept her promise and they were in contact regularly.

Winter was startled again as she felt the cold wind hit her face from the passenger side, Jasper stood next to her as he held out his hand for her. "Let's get you inside, you can get some rest while I head into town and get some groceries for our stay". He said helping her out of the SUV.