Chapter 9 -La Push 🖤

Winter (P.O.V)

It's been a long couple of days as my relationship with Jasper has deepened more since everything came out. It's also weird as Bella and Edward have be interacting more. Anyone paying attention would get whiplash as one moments they're talking and then Edward is pushing Bella away only for it's to repeat itself.

I honestly tried to stay as far from that train wreck but my curious got the best of me and I agreed to hang out with Bella and her friends down in La Push. Unfortunately Jasper isn't able to go with me since he briefly told me of a treaty his family had made with the tribe decades ago that they were never to cross into their territory.

So that is how I ended up finding myself standing against Tyler's van door by Angela as Bella encouraged her to ask Eric to the prom. I honestly just wanted to either be at home or at the Cullen home watching a movie with Jasper. I honestly don't know who thought it was a smart idea to come to the beach in this weather to surf.

"Hey zip me up". Jessica rushed over as I moved out of the way as she turned her back towards Angela.

"Sure". Angela responded zipping of Jessica's wetsuit.

I sighed an irritation for a moment before I turned around as I heard footsteps coming towards the group. I smile as I saw Jacob I hated to say I haven't spent time with him since I got back into town.

"Win, Bella". Jake said smiling with some friends following behind him.

"Hi Jake". I said smiling giving him a side hug.

"Hey Jacob". Bella said awkwardly. "Hey guys this is Jacob". Bella said introducing Jake which made me irritated as they aren't friends. I sighed as Angela, Jessica and Jake briefly greeted each other.

"Are you stalking me now Jake". I said playfully bumping his side.

"Funny Win remember your on my territory". Jake said with a goofy smile.

"Whatever Black". I said rolling my eyes.

"So are you girls going surfing". Jake asked me and Bella curiously.

"Not in this weather ". I said as Bella and I shook our heads.

"You guys should keep them company their dates bailed". Jessica said out of nowhere which made me glare at her as she had no business saying that.

"What dates?". Eric asked confused as he and Mike turned towards our Direction.

"Bella's invited Edward and obviously Winter would have brought Jasper since they're dating after all". Jessica said as I clinched my fist at my side to stop myself from lunging at her as Jake looked at me in confusion.

"I'm going to give you a little warning Stanley if you want to keep your pretty face intact refrain from talking about my business that has nothing to do with you". I hissed angrily as Jessica was taken aback.

"It was to be polite that's it". Bella muttered awkwardly

"I think it was nice she invited him no one ever does". Angela said softly.

"That's because Cullen is a freak". Mike said as I glared at him and Eric for laughing.

"You got that right". Jake's friend said as he shot him a glare.

"You know them" I asked with a raise brow.

"The Cullens don't come here". Jake's friend said making the environment awkward.
---

I sighed as I walked with Bella and Jake on the beach away from everyone as I had to restrain myself from ending up in jail. My temper lately has been through the roof with the way people talk about Jasper and his family.

"What did your friends mean about the Cullen don't come here?". Bella asked as the three of us walked the beach with my attention completely on the conversation out of curiosity.

"You caught that, I'm not ready supposed to say anything about it". Jake said as he looked in my directions briefly.

"Hey I can keep a secret". Bella said giving Jake a smile as I saw a blush cross his russet skin.

"It's really nothing but an old scary story". Jake said laughing nervously.

"I want to know". Bella said even more curiosity unfortunately it was giving me a bad feeling.

"Okay, well did you girls know that us Quileute are supposedly descended from wolves". Jake said in a serious tone.

"What your serious?". I asked in disbelief but froze for a moment contemplating that it could be truth as my boyfriend turned out to be a vampire anything was possible.

"Like real wolves?". Bella asked skeptical.

"Well those are the legends of my tribe". Jake said shrugging his shoulders.

"So what the story about the Cullens". Bella said getting more intrigued by her voice. It made the feeling in the pit of my stomach sank even lower. One thing about my sister is that she is persistent I was starting to worry about the Cullen and their secret especially after what happened with Edward.

"They're supposedly enemies of from an enemy clan. My great grandfather the chief found them hunting on our land. But they claim to be something entirely different. So we made a treaty with them if they promise to stay off Quileute land we wouldn't exposed what they really were to the palefaces". Jake said smiling making it seem as it was a made up story and not legends truly from the past.

"I thought they just moved here?". Bella said in confusion.

"Or just move back". Jake said in a serious tone. I jumped out of my skin as I saw Angela ran screaming past us with Eric chasing her.

"Why are they really?". Bella said as her tone gave that she wanted more information.

"It's just a story Bella". Jake said laughing but I saw Bella's expression she wasn't going to let it go.

Bella and Jake walked ahead as I slowly stayed behind them stuck in my own thoughts having the feeling this wasn't going to end well. I know one way or another Bella will find out which wasn't good because from the small conversations I've had with Jasper humans weren't supposed to find out of the existence of his kind.

No matter the coincidence of how I found out eventually I would have learned the truth. As I am Jasper's mate from the interactions I've seen I doubt Bella is Edward. I could be wrong or I could be right I'm not sure only time will tell.

As I walked the beach little did I know how complicated my life would become and the obstacles I would come to face from entering Jasper world.