71 - Bliss

I had to rewrite this chapter because it somehow got deleted :(

. . .

I stomp on my heart. If it's broken you won't want it. If it's powder you can't have it.

. . .

Olivia Woods

There was silence

There was silence.

I was sure I had heard him wrong.

"Olivia."

I stood and turned to face him. He kept sitting on the staircase.

"Are you serious?" I asked him.

He nodded instantly. "I'm serious as fuck, baby. I want to marry you. I want you, no, I need you to be my wife."

I wasn't sure I was breathing, or maybe I was breathing so fast.

"Zavier..." I blinked rapidly. "I...I broke your heart like six months ago. I took you back last night. Do you not think it's too soon?"

He leaned forward, settling his forearms on his knees. "No, Kitten. I think it's the perfect time for me to tie you down. I got you back, I need you by my side in every way possible."

"So what?" I asked. "We'd get married and Ashton would get married to his 'F' something fiancee."

"F something?"

"Xerxes said her name starts with 'F'."

"Does it?" He frowned. "I think it's a 'T'."

"What- does even Ashton know her name? What is even happening?" I put my hands in my pockets. "We can't get married right now, Zavier. Not when everything is a mess. But..." I said before he could say anything. "I want to marry you, more than anything in the world."

He stared, for a moment, and then smiled and it melted all of me. He tugged me towards him, bringing me between his legs. "That's my good girl." He kissed my cheek. "And, about Ashton, he won't marry her. Just tell him you want him back. Or even just say you don't want him marrying her."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that," he assured, rubbing his hands up and down my waist. "You can do it whenever you want."

"Where is he right now?" I asked.

"Gym, probably. He spends a lot of time there. His abs are almost as defined as mine."

"I think they always were-"

"Hush, good girls don't lie." He shut me up by kissing me.

. . .

"What?" I asked.

Giovanni grinned at me. "I think it's a good idea."

"It's a horrible idea," Dante said.