43 - Recording

In your beautiful garden
Searching for the rotten flower

. . .

Ashton Creed

"Videos," Zavier said dryly. "Someone sent her fucking videos." He lowered himself on a chair, looking at the guy tied to the chair.

I looked down at my hand, at the brass knuckles which were coated with blood. "Someone wants to die."

I punched Remy's jaw and grabbed his head before he could turn away and punched the same spot again. "Now," I said. "Who stole from us?"

"I-I don't know!"

I punched the same spot. "Who?"

"I d-don't k-"

I turned his head towards the corpse thrown at the corner of the room. "He's the last man we interrogated," I told him. "He begged for mercy in half an hour. How long do think you'll last?"

Remy's face was covered in blood, dripping down his neck and soiling his shirt. His hands were nailed to the arm rests, done by Xerxes.

He didn't look away from the corpse.

"We found the bracelet in your brother's apartment. Your brother is dead, and you have the opportunity to keep me from killing your whole fucking family. So, tell me, who asked your brother to steal those things?"

It took about twenty minutes to break him in total. And then he squealed the name.

. . .

I walked out of the shower after I was sure I didn't smell of blood. I didn't know when Olivia would come back, but the last thing I needed was to smell like death when she did.

Miss Summers had finally told us what had caused Olivia to get scared. And it was fucked.

The things which could make a grown man tremble. For her to see us in that way....

It felt revealing. This part of us had always been hidden from her in some way. Now she knew.

She knew the monsters we were.

I didn't blame her for her reaction. I did, however, hope that she loved us more than she feared us.

It was a fucked up thing to do - to ask for love when you don't deserve any. But I was selfish when it came to her. I wanted everything. She was everything.

I picked my phone up from the bed.

We hadn't called her since last night after Miss Summers told us she went to bed. We didn't want to disturb her while she slept.

I called.

And it was switched off.

I hadn't expected her to pick up.

I dressed myself in a suit. I grabbed my glasses as I exited the room. Xerxes was nowhere to be found and Zavier was sitting on a chair at the corner of the room, his phone pressed to his ear as he yelled at Michael.

We were yet to figure out who had sent her those fucking videos.

My grandmother was interrogated first, just because I didn't trust the woman. But she hadn't done anything, and pretended that she was above it.

She wasn't. She had been shoving women in our direction for ages, trying to get us married.

It's your duty.

We recognised what our duty was. We did everything for the family. But Olivia was the exception. I'd be damned before anyone made me give up on her.

. . .