27 - Message

. . .

Zavier Creed

I put on the coat. "Let's go."

She took my uninjured hand in hers and walked out of the room with me. Today, she was 'taking' me to get some groceries. Groceries that I was sure would consist of only junk food. I knew she was doing this just because I was losing my mind sitting in the mansion the whole day.

"I will drive."

I frowned. "You will not."

She folded her arms against her chest, letting go of my hand. "You can't raise your arms."

"I can-"

She put a gentle hand on my shoulder before I could grab her to pick her up. "Let me rephrase that," she said. "You can raise your arms, but you shouldn't, unless you don't want to heal."

"I've fought men after getting shot, Kitten."

She frowned. "That doesn't make the point you think it does," she said. "And I am an excellent driver!"

She was a good driver but had a thing for going over the speed limit.

I shrugged, ignoring the zap of pain the movement shot through me. "Alright."

She grinned and took my hand in hers again and gently tugged me out of the mansion, into the garage. She selected the car, a Benz, and settled in, instantly fucking up the driver's seat.

I didn't say a word and just watched her as she bought it close to the wheel and then a little lower.

She finally settled down and pulled out of the garage. Three guards opened the gates and soon enough we were on our way to get groceries.

I put my hands on her thigh, rubbing the edge of her skirt which was a little short.

She glanced at me. "Do you like it?"

I admired the tiny black thing. "It makes me want to see you cry, Kitten."

She pinked, squirming. "I am driving!"

"Hmm."

I didn't bother her for the rest of the drive. I knew she got distracted easily. Soon, we were pulling up in front of a very familiar grocery store.

She grinned at me. "Remember this?"

I chuckled. "How can I forget?"

She and I walked inside the store and she instantly grabbed a cart, marching to where the junk food was. I followed.

She tossed unhealthy stuff in the cart. I grabbed a few things for the kitchen.

"I need Oreos!" She suddenly remembered as we stood in the line. "I'll go get them-"

"I'll go," I said. "Stay here."

She gasped. "No, what if our turn comes before you come back?"

I frowned. "I am sure he can wait a few minutes."

"No!" She gasped again. "I'll get the Oreos."

I sighed. "Alright."

She marched away to the precise aisle where the Oreos were. I smiled at that. She had lived nearby and of course, she knew where the Oreos were kept.

I kept my eyes on her till she disappeared. I tapped my fingers on the cart handle, waiting.

We didn't have bodyguards with us. She shouldn't be out of my sight. I would have been able to keep an eye on her from over the aisle.