Chapter 14

Again, the drive back is some of the most careful I've ever been. And when the house finally appears, my tense shoulders relax.

I head into the house with ease.  I didnt miss how Reece's car is not parked out.

Ive been here for almost a week and I've never seen these guys eat any nutritious meal. Its always take out or nothing. 

I mean not that I care or anything, but I could just make them something as a thank you right?

The clock reads four pm, I start cooking. It's fucking weird how they have all these ingredients but none of them cooks. Its also weird how they live together.

My phone vibrates on the large island.

Courts Fucking Palmer.

I answer the call and her face appears. She's sitting on something with her back against a white background.

Her gorgeous blue eyes come into view, she tied her long gold locks into a messy bun before waving.

"Hey." I return the smile.

Balancing the phone against the salt jar, I begin manuevering myself around the dark kitchen.

"Wait, Marcy where the hell are you?" She asks.

I sign taking in the beautiful black kitchen.

"So I finally escaped. " I sigh. She stops moving around and stares into the phone.

"Okay, escaped and went where?" She presses.

"First Avenue." I drag.

"Bitch what!? Whose house?" She shouts.

"With Reece." I say.

She quiets down, only calculating me as I use a chopping board on the slick stone island.

"Okay... Uh– okay. So how has it been?" She asks hesitantly.

"Its been okay. They treat me like I belong here Courtney. And its amazing." I tell her.

After a few seconds of silence she says .

"Good for you, Im proud of Marcy." She says then dives into conversation about her school.

She goes on and on, until finally admitting that she wants to take a nap. I smile to the phone as the line dies.

The aroma of the noodle stir fry fill the house as I sway around the kitchen, adding seasoning to the pot.

A car stops on the drive way, and my head snaps up to check the time.

Its a ten minutes to six.

A few heavy footsteps later, Colt walks in. He is wearing black cargo pants, a black t shirt and black boots. His chesnut hair is a little ruffled up and his brown eyes are stuck to the floor.

"Hey." I wave.

My stupid ass feels as cringe as Bella from Twilight.

"Evening." He says.

He seems to finally notice his surrounding, he takes a deep breath and a large smile follows his exhale.

"That smells delicios. Let me go grab a shower." He says.

He runs upstairs to grab the said shower.

I go back to cooking and when I feel that the food is somewhat ready. I head into the unused dinning room and start preparing the table.

Another car parks in the driveway,  loud clicking sounds echo as the person gets closer.

Who the fuck called their bitch over tonight.

The clicking approached, until Reece appear.

It takes a moment for my mind to register that the clicking sound was coming from Reece.

He is in a beautifully fitted outfit. Black slacks and a black dress shirt. The top button undone, and a pair of formal shoes.

Where the hell are they coming from?

And how did they get home before me and change and leave, before I could even get close enough to the house?

"Good evening." I greet. He looks up at me, surprised by the suddenly wave of aroma meeting his nostrils.

"Hey, did you cook?" He asks.

I nod, he smiles and runs up the stairs.

He smiles, and that smile has to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

His grey eyes lit up as his face contorted up.

After about ten minutes both of them walk downstairs in sweats and a hoodie. They look extra cozy.

I've set the table up and I pull a chair. Sighing as I watch the two take seats.

Reece at the head of the table and Colt to his right while I'm to his left.

We all start to dish up for ourselves.  Taking as much as will satisfy us and dig in.

I dont miss how the two almost melt on their chop sticks.

The silence suffocates me. Everytime I went to the Palmers house for dinner, it would always be lively with loud conversations.  I would like that.

So I mimick how Mrs P always gets the room going.

"So." The two pairs of eyes shoot up to me. "How was your day?" I ask.

"My day was slow, I was too tired for anything and couldn't wait to come home." Colt says sighing.

"My day was pretty cool. I got to watch someone punch someone else." Reece says smirking.

"Oh yea! How was yours bitch face?" Colt asks laughing.

"My day was fine thank you very much." I laugh too.

"So why'd yoh punch Cody?" He asks.

"He asked me out, and when I said no he called me whore." I tell them, averting my eyes.

"He called you a what?" Colt asked.

I didnt miss how his brown eyes almost turned black. I turn to Reece who instead is looking down at his meal, but his knuckles are white from how tight the grip is on his fork.

"Uhh– so um, why do you two you know? Live together?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

The silence is heavy but is followed with Reece's sigh before he talks.

"Colt and I have been best friends since we were basically still little white shits in our fathers' balls." He says.

"Our parents were close, they went to high school together. So when we were born we were just always around each other. I always knew that he'd fall for me, and one day ask me to marry him." Colt says fanning himself.

Reece shoots a glare at him before looking at me to nod.

"Colt just come out and tell us you're gay." Reece says.

"I'm gay for you sweetcheeks." He says batting his eyes.

His phone vibrates and he looks at it.

"Yo, I forgot that stacy was coming over." He says smiling while shootimg back a text.

I only nod.

After putting his phone down, Colt proceeds to tell me embarrassing stories about Reece.

Reece just sits there, he's lauhhing here and there but still sends glares to Colt.

Their friendship is funny.

"Shut up before I shoot you." Reece says, Colt laughs even harder.

I smile, feeling welcomed.