Chapter 2

Silent words boom from Courtney's stereo. Taylor Swift is her place of solace. While mine? Well we havent found that yet.

She turns to me one more time, silently pleading that I say something to her.

No, sweetheart. I'm not saying a word.

I'm pissed with her because she keeps letting this Jared Nut Sack fuck her over. And unfortunately it's not something I'm willing to let pass by like a fart.

No thank you.

Courtney is intelligent, incredibly so. But she is also not vigilant,  she trusts blindly. Which is why she still isnt defending herself when it comes to that jiggly sack of family jewels.

As her bestfriend. It is my job to punch him to next week. But she wont let me. I dont understand how she cant see what this boy is doing to her.

"Come on Marcy."

I barely turn to look at her.

I huff in annoyance.  Mist rides up on the window but slowly dies down.

She audibly sighs.

"Look, I know you dont get it but I love him Marcy." She pleads.

Love? That's bullshit.

Everyone knows that love is the strongest drug in the world.

Well that is, everyone expect for Courts.

You dont know that you're addicted, but truly you are. That's why you find people sticking to the same person even in the shittyness.

Well add that to the book of new words.

"He's going to get himself together. I know he is." She says lowly. Mostly to herself.

"Oh for flying fucking  cows sake Courtney! We're fucking high school seniors and you're already going through a mid life crisis!

How long the fuck is he going to be getting shit  back together? Huh? It's been two years. I bet that flying fuck doesnt even know that!" I throw my hands in defeat.

"I promise you he is."

"Whatever. Let's about something else before I start imagining myself castrating him."

She only chuckles.

Courtney is  not a chuckling girl. She throws her head back and laughs a real fucking guffaw.

I have to ignore it. I have to.

We pass by the only airport in Greyville.

"I heard that there's a party by the second Avenue." She says.

"Heard from who? Courtney since when do you hear?"

I find myself laughing at what I've said. Like what the fuck Marceline. Of course she hears, she is not deaf.

"Ahh! Excuse me I'm not deaf girl!" She laughs. Her head bumps onto the seat and that causes the both of us to erupt in guffaw.

You see , we're not pretty fancy chuckling ladies.

"Only you would laugh while I'm bashing my head in half."

"I've told you so many times to watch were you throw that thing back. That could kill many." I say and she laughs even louder.

Sometimes I worry about us.

"My head is not that big. Anyway, I saw you talking to Colton Shitty Raymond and Reece fucking King."

"Okay, hold ya cursing Dora." I laugh.

Fan girl.

"Of course you saw with them. You came crying like a fucking goat infront of them. Remember?"

"Hey! We said that we arent bringing that back up again. And for your information, I am practicing how to cry better." She huff.

"Okay girlie." I laugh.

"And you know that how hard of a time I had at camp because of that?"

"I know because I'm the one who called you that." I say and she laughs even louder than before.

I love this. She makes everything feel light and bright. I dont ever have to filter my words in fear that I might hurt her feelings. None of that actually.  We're just raw.

My crappy house comes to view. I really need to mow that lawn. I keep forgetting because I spend hours watching anime to actually have time for that.

She parks by my driveway. And a wave of relief hits me when I realise that there is no car in the driveway.

At least he isnt here today.

"See ya tomorrow Courts."

"Make sure you're not late."

"Sure, if you make sure that you arent early. " I retort.

I bang the door just to get a reaction from her.

And indeed I do. She squints her eyes at me as if trying to scare me. Instead she looks like a cat that's been kicked on the ass.

I pad up the walkway. Silently thanking whoever is listening.

I push the door open and it is not reluctant at all. Maybe she is home.

"Evelyn!" I yell.

My voice only bounces from one wall to another. No reply is heard.

"Evelyn! I'm back!" I yell again but no answer.

"Are you high or hungover?" Still no reply.

Well, shitty mommy isnt here as well. Again whomever is listening. Thank you so fucking much.

I look at the worn out blue couch that just appeared as I was growing up. Contrasting the luxurious velvet sofas my dad had.

The room is basically cold. There are not pictures of anyone on anything. This room consists of the worn out blue couch. The stunning antique rug dad bought almost fifteen years ago.

I remember this because I picked it.

A small TV rests on a sad television stand.

If your eyes scan a little bit to the left, you find the kitchen. All white cabinets with a granite counter top.  And an old fridge that develops a new sound every week.

Call me Sherlock, but I think that its learning to talk.

And to the right of the spacious room- and I say spacious because it is basically empty - is the dining table with three chairs around it. A round table. Just like dad liked.

I sigh and slump up the cranky stairs to my bedroom. Locking my self in.

My room is the only room that has personality. With a small bed right in the center,  surrounded by bedside tables and lamps.

And multiple selfies of Courts and I that Courtney hangs on my third wall whenever she visits. 

I've given up on removing them because she always puts them back.

Another antique rug right under my bed. And a study desk that is neatly stacked with novels and homework sheets.

It also homes the last picture I took with my dad.

There used to be a tiara there. That was to serve as a reminder of how strong I fucking am. But it just kept reminding me of ... everything .

A/N

Hi guys. I dont really have an updating schedule. I just update when I can so I hope you bare with me.😭

Dont  be shy to leave your thoughts in forms of comments. As long as it is not mean, then I'm cool with it.💘

Anyway. Enjoy.❤

Vote, comment and recommend 💘

Nic275 💅❤