teaser

i've been working a lot on trying to get these chapters ready for publishing, but i know y'all have waited a while so here's a little teaser, (the start of the next book) while you wait for the full chapter.
__________

the sirens get closer as more people begin to crowd around him.
eventually, an ambulance and a police car pull up.

"it's jj maybank" sheriff peterkin says to deputy shoupe as she stands above the blonde boy's body. she leans over and picks up the phone that's laying on the ground next to him.

"how on earth?" shoupe says.

peterkin shows shoupe jj's phones screen.

"voicemail from carrera. maybe he was checking his phone and wasn't paying attention"

"carrera? as in, the wreck owner?" he says.

"his daughter, kiara. looks like they're an item" she says.

the paramedics rush over and immediately place an oxegyn mask over jj's mouth.

"what happened?" peterkin says to the people stood around the scene. "who hit him?"

"it was, uh, it was me" a man says, stepping forward.

he follows peterkin a few steps away from the rest of the crowd while shoupe talks to them.

"do you wanna explain to me how you hit a 16 year old boy?" peterkin says.

"he, he just came out of nowhere! i was driving and there was nothing there and i looked away for a moment and then he was just there!" the man says.

peterkin talks to him for a little longer before going back to shoupe.

"we need to tell his friends" shoupe says.

peterkin nods. "yeah.." she gulps.
___________

(309 words)

y'all this next book is fucking crazy i'm not even kidding. brace yourself because oh my fucking god.

i promise i'm trying by best to get the new book ready to be published. i'll be posting a chapter per day.

please comment and vote!