NINE

chp. 9

"So, what am I here for?" Jimin asked, standing beside her best friend with crossed arms and a lifted brow.

Yeji sighed. "I told you already. I need Minjeong to help me pick out what type of ice cream Ryujin likes."

"And this is all because of a silly bet?" Jimin questioned, trying to catch her gaze as the brunette scanned the fridges.

Turning to the older, Yeji pursed her lips. "It's not a silly bet. I have to do whatever she tells me to do for the whole week, is that silly or no?"

"Well, it kind of is," Minjeong pitched in, pulling open the fridges along with Yeji. "You could just not listen."

"But that's not..."

"Yeji has a thing for bets and... comic books, apparently," Jimin snickered.

"Are you making fun of my interests?" Yeji challenged, raising her eyebrow as she paused her movements.

Jimin feigned innocence as she stared. "I've got no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, this one might be good," Minjeong said, grabbing a small tub of what seemed to be cookies and cream. "I've seen it in her freezer a couple of times when I went over."

"What! You can go to Ryujin's and not mine?" Jimin exclaimed, huffing as her crossed arms tightened even more. She had betrayal written all over her face.

Minjeong chuckled and poked the taller, "It's not my fault. My parents are very wary of who I hang out with, and plus, me and Ryujin literally grew up together."

"Since when did you two get so close?" Yeji butted in, taking the small tub of ice cream from the shorter's hands.

Minjeong shot a teasing look toward Jimin before replying, "Ever since she tried to kiss me at a particular party."

Jimin averted her gaze, a touch of embarrassment tainting her cheeks. "I was drunk!"

"Does she like anything else?" Yeji changed the topic, asking the short Kim in order to give her friend some time to cool down.

"Drumsticks," Minjeong replied without hesitation, her curious eyes wandering down the freezer aisle they were in. "I'm pretty sure they're near the checkout counter." She walked past the other two, toward the cashier.

As Yeji turned to follow the shorter girl, she chuckled when she noticed Jimin's gaze following Minjeong, a tinge of blush still visible on her cheeks. Yeji pressed the tub of ice cream against her cheek, startling the other.

"Let's go get you some drumsticks too so you can," Yeji motioned toward her face, "cool down."

Jimin groaned and swatted the tub away, speeding off after the Kim instead of entertaining her friend. Yeji laughed before following.

After purchasing what was needed, Yeji bid farewell to the soon-to-be couple and took a taxi. She had a tub of ice cream and a popsicle in both hands, all because Ryujin suddenly had a craving and ran out of ice cream. Yeji knew that this week wasn't going to be easy, because the girl didn't even give her money! So she had to spend her own money from her own wallet just to satisfy the purple-haired.

How absurd.

With her arms full and a sense of absurdity lingering, Yeji hailed a taxi and directed the driver to the address she had provided. As the taxi pulled up to the destination, Yeji's mouth dropped open when she stood upon a grand mansion.

'Is this the right address?'

She checked Ryujin's message once more, then checked her Google Maps, and that was when she realized; this was actually Shin Ryujin's house.