temporary alliance [22]

WILBUR POV:

I ran fast and hard, afraid that Dream would get to quackity before he did. Why did he want to warn quackity? He had no idea himself. Was he really gonna betray his saviour for some lousy suck up duck man?

yes he was.

I shoved past many people, alot of them yelling or shouting at me, but I just ran past them until I reached quackity's headquarters, I opened the door furiously

QUACKITY POV:

fuck. how the hell was he gonna kill dream? this whole ass situation was giving him the fucking doubts like hell.

something then came to him. he could convince george. The closest person that came to Dream ever was george. But convincing him would be a hell of a ride.

fuck it, im doing it.

I snatched my axe and a few other items from my chest and ran head first into wilbur fucking soot.

how perfect timing. the fuck was this week going. can't just God be on my side for ONE. FUCKING. DAY!

"QUAC-" i stopped him right then and there "No. Haven't you taunted me enough this fucking week?" I gritted my teeth to even speak to him. The scent of cigarettes filled the air and I scrunched up my face in disgust.

"DREAM IS COMING TO KILL YOU!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, panting out of breath

"Listen- I don't have time for your fucking prank-" wilbur shoved me inside and slammed the door behind him, he put his hands on my shoulders aggressively

"he wha-" it took me time to process the fuck this man had just said to me "dream wants to kill you."

"the fuck wilbur? you expect me to believe you after the things you've done to me the past few weeks?!" I said furiously to him, i was sick of him. one day he kisses me. and then another he gives me a fucking death threat. now what?

"I'm sorry quackity." he sighed "FU- You- what?" I had never heard wilbur say a single fucking sorry.

"i know I've been a total dirtbag to you. but trust me. he is." he said and sighed

"oh yeah? how am I supposed to just believe you? how do I know your not working with fucking dream?" I shouted at him, I had my suspicions a long time ago

"I-" he stopped, "fine. don't expect me to help you when you get fucking killed." he let go of my shoulders

he got up to leave until I grabbed his trench coat back, why did I do that? I don't fucking know.

"tommys alright. I went to check up on him a few days ago." his eyes widened and he turned back around

"fuck. Dream isn't coming for you. he's coming for tommy. it was all a fucking decoy. he knew i'd go back for you." he looked down, as if he was ashamed that he'd been so easily tricked.

"so you are associating with dream." for some reason, I wasn't angry. More relieved that he decided to actually tell me about this.

"shit. fuck I-" he stuttered out

"look. we haven't been on the best of terms. but i'd like to propose an-" i said with all seriousness and

"oh my gosh! yes! I do!" he said sarcastically and I gave him a glare "wilbur! This is fucking serious! save this for later." i groaned he grinned "sorry, I had to."

I started again "we're gonna make an alliance. WE AREN'T FRIENDS." I said the last sentence very clearly and he rolled his eyes "sure, pretend like you don't enjoy my company, but you love me."

he looked like he wanted to say more, so I let him go on. "I apologize for acting that way yesterday alright! happy?!" he said, annoyed that he'd have to apologize again

"you could do better." I glared at him and he rolled his eyes and scoffed "fine. look, i- owe dream my life. I don't even know why im here." he sighed out, pulling a cigar out of his pocket

I nodded and put out my hand, asking for one, he gladly put one into my palm and lit it for me. He laughed out of nowhere "those nights, you used to ramble and rant to me, guess im the one having to do that to you know."

I shrugged "i felt like it, i never said you couldn't." he looked at me with a gleam of hope in his eyes. He looked fucking dreamy. jesus- what?!

"I kept thinking that I had to repay Dream in some sort of way- like there was some voice in my head telling me that I just so desperately needed to follow him no matter what." he continued on "i- i broke dream out of prison."

i had been expecting it, but I wasn't angry. Just. Empty? Quackity wasn't sure how to describe that feeling himself.
—————————————————
WILBUR POV:

Quackity didn't look surprised. What?. Oh. He's probably just fucking speechless that I broke a mass murderer out of prison.

he then scoffed at me and said "if you're thinking that breaking a mass murderer out of prison will make you any less of a human, you're wrong."

huh?

he grabbed my hand in his, god. his hands were soft. he reminded me sometimes of sally. I knew she was just a dream. She's somewhere out there. I didn't know where.

I blinked a couple of times, unsure of what to say. "you don't need to say anything. I know how you feel. I've been there."

......

in all his life, no one had said those words to him. just a simple few words, no one.

until this- this- duck man. hell. he'd didn't even know of Wilbur's existence probably in my l'manburg times.

but now he did. and it felt great.

"you-" I managed out, but it sounded more quiet and choked out then when I was imagining it, he silenced me, and brought me into a hug

it felt soothing, his wings rested slightly ontop of my shoulders, providing a bit of heat. sometimes, quackity reminded him of a mother duck. it seemed ridiculous, and it is.

I laughed "it's cute how we've gotten so far ducky, never expect you to be comforting your own enemy huh?" his lips curved slightly and he gave me a small smile, showing some of his sharp teeth, he quickly shut his mouth and frowned

he was insecure of it. I could already tell. Wilbur didn't know why, he thought it made quackity more- more fierce! and more defined!

i put my finger on his lips and they slightly parted "i like your teeth. they make you look better" his eyes widened and he said almost excitedly "you think?!" I chuckled and he quickly lowered his voice in embarrassment.

"you're adorable." I mumbled, but quackity didn't catch that "don't you remember that you need to save your little brat brother?" he said abruptly

"oh that little shit! god- wait- where is he now?" He stood up, i felt the warmth leave my shoulders as I stood up with him

"phil's village or whatever he decided to call his shit" quackity responded, and he grabbed his axe from the table, and started sharpening it, while I pulled out some tnt that quackity had allowed me to "borrow" a few nights before, and prepared to lit them, I grinned at him.

QUACKITY POV:

I rolled my eyes but didn't deny it he grabbed my hand and ran out of my office "let's go save my fucking brother" he gave me a grin and I returned it

"you still confuse me sometimes asshole." I said with a bored tone, still running with him side by side, he chuckled and gave me a quick smile

"fundy and purpled should be there by now, I also called in tubbo and ranboo aswell." I continued

his brows furrowed a the mention of fundy, but he quickly plastered a smile on his face instead "Well. Let's go kill a Dream Partner."