"Hey, Sam." Danny spoke, "So, are you two fucking?" Quinn blurted our towards danny and sam causing Eden to laugh, Tara just looks baffled and looks between the two now having the sudden suspicion.  "No, oh, no. We're just friends." Sam expressed, "Just friends my ass." Eden mumbled while Quinn held back a giggle.  "Shut up." Eden mumbled towards Quinn who was trying to hold back a laugh.  

Eventually the girls plus Danny made it to the park where Mindy, Chad, Ethan and Anika were waiting, Tara went running to Mindy, Sam and Danny stuck near each-other and despite the fact Eden wanted to hug Ethan she knew it wouldn't be genuine. It would be a casual hug you give your buddy, and even though Eden understood why — or tried to understand why, it annoyed the girl anyways.

Quinn and Eden just so happened to sit by Ethan so if conversation were to arise then it wouldn't seem as weird.  Quinn and Eden began their own conversation, though Quinn had a plan to taunt her brother dearly.  "So, Eden." Quinn called out, loud enough for Ethan to hear but for the other group having their own conversation to not think much of it. Eden hummed as she bit at her nails, a habit she's had for a while.   "I really believe you're gonna be the sexiest girl at the frat party considering your outfit." Quinn spoke making it sound just like normal conversation, "yeah, I guess. Are you sure about the shirt though?" Eden genuinely questioned not realising the motive behind this topic of conversation.

"What's wrong with the top?" Ethan questioned forcing his way into the conversation, that's when realisation hit Eden right in the nose. Quinn was trying to get a reaction out of Ethan, Eden faced Quinn with a look that said 'really?' Was Quinn trying to get Ethan to say she couldn't wear the costume? "Nothing, it's a cute outfit for something that's supposed to be scary that's all." Eden shrugged, Eden watched as Ethan's jaw clenched and unclenched as he looked at his sister who just had a smile on her face.

"What are you going as?" Ethan questioned, "It's a surprise." Quinn cut of, Ethan glared at Quinn. Ethan knew he couldn't do or say anything out of character so his glare dropped and he looked away from Quinn, sighing. Eden looked at Quinn and gently wacked her arm, "ouch— whatt.." Quinn whined, "What was that about?" Eden questioned, "What do you mean?" Quinn asked furrowing her eye brows and looking at Eden with fake confusion. "You know what, that may work on everyone else but not me. Why'd you do that?" Eden whisper questioned, "because it's funny teasing him and seeing his reaction to things like that." Quinn shrugged with a laugh, "I think I might have cut the shirt to short now that I think about it." Quinn spoke before humming, Ethan looked over with narrowed eyes towards his sisters actions and irritation.

"Would it be weird if I tried to 'get to know you', Eden?" Ethan questioned 'nervously'. Eden looked over with furrowed eye brows, as his loud tone caught the attention of Tara, Sam, and Chad. "Would it be okay?" Ethan spoke— quieter this time. "um, yeah..that would be fine." Eden spoke, she was trying to prevent it from coming out as a question so she gave Ethan a 'reassuring' smile. "Get it Bud!" Chad spoke quietly patting Ethan's back, Ethan laughed — a fake nervous laugh before getting up with Eden following next to him. "What the hell are you doing, Ethan? We aren't supposed to be lovers remember?" Eden questioned looking at the boy once they were far enough away from the group. "Yeah, he said we couldn't be dating when we meet them, it's been 6 months, A guy can like a girl in that amount of time can't they?" Ethan questioned, "Well, yeah. Of course, but is Ethan Landry really THAT confident?" Eden interrogated Ethan, "Well, he could be. It would probably be an extremely embarrassing confession but I think Ethan Landry could do it."

"I don't." Eden laughed, "Watch, Eden. I like you, Go out with me." Ethan spoke, Eden just laughed and Ethan's face contorted of one of confusion, "What?" Ethan questioned, "That's more Ethan Kirsch then Ethan Landry. You can't tell me the nerdy, shy, dork would confess to a girl like that." Eden shrugged, "Want to go on the swings?" Ethan questioned. He knew that was her favourite part of the park, the swings. "Yes, yes i do." Edén started, "Race ya!" Eden shouted running towards the park, it caught Ethan off guard and his eyes widened as he started running after Eden. "WAIT UP!" He shouted as Eden burst into a fit of giggles as she started stumbling down the hill leading towards the park.  She made her way towards the swing and got onto them as Ethan soon came up "I won!" Eden states with a smile on her face, "you cheated!" Ethan called out looking at Eden, "No, I shouted race before I went running." Eden reminds.

"What are you actually going as though?" Ethan questioned looking towards the girl had begun to swing.  "Surprise, like Quinn said." The brunette girl shrugged, "oh come on, please?" Ethan pleaded, "keep begging and then maybe." Eden jested, "you beg for me, not the other way around. You really trust my SISTER to make your costume?" Ethan canvassed, genuinely trying to get an idea of Edens thought process. Eden shrugged, "I watched her make it, so, yeah, Kinda. I guess." Eden looked at Ethan, "What are you going as?" Eden asked, "I don't know, surprise." Ethan shrugged, she knew exactly where he got that from and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Ethan, Eden. You ran off so suddenly down the hill." Tara called out as the group behind her came following behind, "ouu, new love birds?" Tara questioned, "oh, no?" Eden questioned slowly coming to a stop, Tara just hummed. Eden got off the swing and stood up, "why are you all down here?" Eden questioned, "well, it's nice down here plus you both came running down here so we thought we'd join you." Mindy spoke, and Eden just smiled but on the inside she was raging.  The moment she gets to spend an ounce of time with her BOYFRIEND in public is ruined by her 'friends' and half the time they can't even talk about the shit they wanna talk about without someone attempting to question them.

"Are you gonna get back on the swing or can i get on?" Tara questioned Eden who happened to be standing in front of the swing, Eden simply moved out of the way and Ethan got off the swing but remained by the pole that was next to the swing itself. Eden really could not wait for these sick fucks to die, they were all so damn annoying, always yapping or complaining about something. They truly were imprudent and Eden despised that about the group, one of the many things she despised about the group to be exact.

After that the group had a great time, they played tag despite what people would call that as a child's game, it's a park people will get over themselves at some point—hopefully.
Eden was having a blast despite not really liking the group— she liked Anika, she enjoyed Anika's company she was nice.  Eden had taken a breather on the bench— she enjoyed the fall, she wouldn't say she was a huge Fall fan but she preferred Winter and Fall over Spring and Summer any day or time of the year.  It was the better seasons and she would FIGHT someone on an opinion like that because, the ONLY good thing about summer is the break and that's it— nothing else is worth the heat or time, she would promise everyone who tried to say spring or summer were 'better' because not in this lifetime or any lifetime will Eden enjoy summer or Spring.

Ethan and Eden would attempt conversation ever once in a while but would be hit with 'ouuu' and 'awww' so, no. Truthfully it seemed more like it was annoying Ethan more than Eden which says a lot. "Why are they like this?" Ethan questions, "I don't know Ethan landry, no clue." Eden spoke and his jaw loosened and he sighed understanding what she was trying to get across. "If only they knew the truth, then I don't think they'd be saying 'ouuu..' and 'awww'." Ethan grumbled out and Eden just smiled, "Halloween parties tomorrow, lots of people.. We might just be able to get a moment alone together." Eden joked, "yeah, maybe. hopefully." he spoke with a sigh.

"Hey, we're gonna go out to eat, wanna come?" Danny questioned when approaching Eden and Ethan, "Sure, why not." Eden spoke with a smiled and Danny nodded before walking away, "now, why would you do that?" Ethan questioned, "for the hell of it, maybe we'll just do happen to sit next to each-other for it." Eden whispered before going to catch up with the group.

a lunch date — with an extra set of people...fun.

🧸🔪

notes ! 🧸🔪📝

heyyy !! this chapter took way too long for my liking, and i'm not even that crazy about it, but the next chapter i'm kind of more prepared for !!

please don't be a ghost reader 🫶🏼