10. Never Trust a Werecoyote.

Just as Derek raised the butt of his gun to the large metal door, I heard hushed voices, clearly arguing over something.
"Wait!" I hurriedly whispered.
"What?" Derek turned to face me, but accidentally hit the gun on my arm.
"Ah I hear voices outside!" I whisper/scream, scrunching up my face in pain.
"Sorry!" Derek swiftly crouched down and somehow glided to the smashed window like a ninja, ducking and weaving around objects and to top it off, pulling off a commando roll to the wall. Unnecessary badass.

I rolled my eyes and walked like a normal person to the wall with the window.

I tried my hardest not to make a sound, no speaking, no shuffling, no heavy breathing. My only issue was my rapid heart beat from sitting next to the hottest thing I've ever laid eyes on.

I was silently hoping Derek didn't notice my heart rate and thought that maybe I had some form of disease, because we were sitting down long enough for a normal person's heart rate to slow to their average pace. After walking across a room...

My crush on Derek had developed over night. Spending so much downtime with him really didn't help at all. Maybe I could just grab his face and kiss him. What could go wrong? If he doesn't like it we could pretend nothing happened and laugh about it years later.
I decided I'd do it. I would work up the courage then kiss him. I have nothing to lose right?

Just as I was about to raise my arms as Derek speaks, instantly crushing all the confidence and courage I worked on in the last 10 minutes or so.
"They're gone. For
Now" I silently melt into a puddle like crushed ice, my confidence washing out into no-man's-land.
"Uh what did they say?" I could feel my heart race and my chest tighten with nerves every time I spoke to him.

"It was Malia..." Derek seemed confused and he furrowed his eyebrows in thought. "And Peter."

My voice was soft. "What- I thought Malia was shot. What are they arguing over?" I held my breath in anticipation.

"What to do with us."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
You hate me.

I hate me too.

Any ideas? TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEE MAYBE MAKE SOMETHING UP I DONT KNOWWWWW

Anyway, I don't trust Malia.

Katie :)