Chapter Eighteen

In a Motel room, the walls are covered with information on the Yellow eyed demon weather charts, hieroglyphics, pictures, newspaper articles, written notes, a shelf full of books and more. John is sitting at the table which is covered in papers, the colt in front of him, Sam was leaning against the counter whilst Dean was pacing around the room and Sarah was sitting at the table beside John going over the papers and he speaks up first saying, "So this is it, everything I have on the Yellow eyed demon that I know about look our whole lives, we've been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just....nothing until a year ago and for the first time I pick up his trail." Dean is the first to speak up asking, "And that's the first time you took off?" John looks over to Dean and says, "Yeah that's right and the demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation." Then Dean asks another question, "Alright so what's the trail you found?" 

John speaks up without any hesitation and says, "Well it starts in Arizona, then in New Jersey California houses would burn down to the ground and it goes after families, just like it went after us." Sam looks up at that and asks, "Families with Infants?" John looks over to Sam and says to him, "The night of the kid's six month birthday." Sam continues looking over at his Dad asking another question, "Wait so I was six months old that night?" John replies with, "Yeah exactly six months." It goes quiet for a moment that is until Sam speaks up saying, "So basically this demon is going after these kids for some reason, the way their came for me? So mom's death....Jessica it's all because of me?"

It goes quiet for a few more minutes until Dean is the one to speak up saying, "We don't know that Sam

It goes quiet for a few more minutes until Dean is the one to speak up saying, "We don't know that Sam." He looks over to his brother who's stopped pacing and is looking straight at him as he says, "Oh really? Cause I'd say I'm pretty damn sure Dean." Of course that makes Dean frustrated and he says, "Sam for the last time, what happened to them wasn't your fault." Sam gets frustrated and annoying with Dean and continues looking over at him saying, "Yeah right it may not be my fault, but it's my problem." Dean speaks up again saying, "No it's not your problem, it's our problem!" John has had enough of his two sons at each others throats so he speaks up saying, "Okay that's enough."

It goes quiet and everyone takes a deep breath, Sarah is the first to speak up and asks, "So why is he doing this? What does he want?" John looks over to Sarah and says, "Look I honestly wish I had all the answers but I've always been one step behind it, Look I've never gotten there in time to save...." But John couldn't finish his sentence he looks down unhappy, but thankfully Dean speaks up and says, "Alright so how do we find it....before it hits again." John looks over at Dean and says, "Well there's these signs and it took me awhile to see the pattern, but it's there days before these fire sign crop up in the area. Things like Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms and then I went back and checked....and..."

Dean asks, "Wait these happened in Lawerence?" John looks back over to Dean nodding his head and then looks over to Sam whilst saying, "A week before your mother died and in Palo Alto...before Jessica, and these signs they're starting again." Sarah stands up and asks, "Where?" He looks over to her and says, "Salvation Iowa." The guys leave the motel and they get into their vehicles, but whilst they was on the road John pulled over his truck which confuses the three of them so Dean pulls of his Impala and they all get out, John who looks gutted says, "God Damn it."