Trouble at Target! (June 18, 2023)

Hey guys, This is a true story of something that happened to me today. I hope you enjoy reading!

Dear readers,

    Today is not one of my best days T-T. Who would've thought that a trip to target could be so much trouble? Here's everything I remember, in detail:

   My mom took me and my little sister to Target today. We were there to find gifts for our Dad for Father's Day. We found a nice pair of swimming trunks, a hooded t-shirt, and some long socks with a funny design on them. The perfect gift. :D

    But as we were going to the check-out line, my mom found a bunch of furniture for sale. And she needed a new bench for our porch, and a new chair for her desk. 

    So while she was looking at that, I found a shelf with dog toys. I never passed an opportunity to spoil my dog. So I started to examine them. I came across a squeaky, purple, stuffed monkey. 

     Here's the thing, my dog's teeth are really strong. She really adores squeaky toys, but some are too breakable for her. So as a test, I took the monkey and gave it a nice squeak.

     Before I could even take my hand off of the monkey, a female worker appeared from around the corner. 

     "Hey you!" she said in a cold tone, "STOP squeaking the dog toys!!!"

      I did what she said, even though I had only planned to squeak it once anyways. But as I continued to examine the toy, the lady glared at me. 

    "Step AWAY from the dog toys!!! And go back to your parents. NOW!"

     At that point, I was deeply confused. So I asked, "why?"

     The worker gave me an eye roll. "Because 'children' can't go running around and squeaking dog toys unsupervised. Now go!"

     Okay, I did NOT like the way she'd said children. And I certainly did NOT like how mean she was. Workers were supposed to be kind to the shoppers after all!

     But...I was raised to be respectful, so in a respectful tone I asked, "I'm so sorry, but exactly did I do? After I squeaked that dog toy, you...treated me like a criminal." 

     First, the worker just stared at me.

    And then she did something crazy. 

   She cupped her hands around her mouth and said, "Whose child is this?!? Their parent needs to get them NOW!"

    And that's when my mom came around the corner. I thought she'd be on board with me, and talk to the worker about her rudeness. 

   But instead she GLARED directly at ME!

   "Zstuckey11!" she scolded, "What have you done???"

   (So that's obviously not my real name, but since I haven't done the name reveal yet...I will call myself  'Zstuckey11'.)

   "Mom" I tried to explain. "It's not me! The worker got upset...I didn't-"

   "How could you talk about the worker like that?" My mom was yelling now. "Say sorry to her, right now. And we're going home."

    I releclantly said sorry, and I could've sworn to see a smirk on the workers face as I walked away. 

    >>>>> Time skip: 10 minutes <<<<<

    Right as we got home. My mom snatched my arm. 

     "I can't believe you embarrassed me like at the store, Zstuckey11!" She shouted. "Go straight up to your room, without lunch. Maybe after you starve, you'll learn not to embarrass me like that again."

    So yep, that's how today went. I hope the story made sense! I tried to put in every single detail that I remembered.

    And...please don't feel sorry for me! My mom has a good side too! But ouch, my stomach really does hurt. I didn't have breakfast today either. 

    But here's the thing, If what I said to the lady was bad, I don't feel sorry...at all. After all, she was very rude to me. 

   Should I feel sorry??? I don't know what to feel at this point. You guys let me know in the comments!

   Love yall! <333