Fears and worries

Start from the beginning

"No, just me for his lessons" and Porsche was quiet for a minute

"How often do you see Big?" Chan was quiet this time, and there was a hint of concern in his eyes.

"Mostly just at his lessons, since he can't participate in the monthly tests" he replied

"Why?"

"Have you noticed any change in him?" Chan thought for a moment

"There's been some episodes" he admitted, but didn't elaborate further on.

"I think he needs to see a therapist or some sort of counseling because he's not well. He's changed a lot. I don't think he's processed Ken's death yet" Chan nodded in understanding "Perhaps so"

"I'll take a look at it" He assured, and though Porsche wasn't convinced he accepted it, and left Chan again.

"Sir, Porsche has raised some concerns about Big and his progress, and his health" Chan paused for a moment, and Korn turned to him "Is that so?"

"Yes sir, and there's something I want you to hear" and Korn gestured for him to sit down.

"You need to separate yourself from your emotions. You're their body, their protection" Chan's voice sounded from a recording. It was one of Big's previous lessons after he was released from the hospital.

"You're supposed to protect them, but stay calm while doing so"

There was silence in the recording.

"My life is theirs though. Rather I die than them" Big could be heard answering.

"How will you protect them if you're dead?"

Chan paused the recording, looking over at Korn

"How long ago was this?"

"almost two months" Chan replied, looking down at the floor

"How is he doing now?" it took a while for Chan to reply, out of concern, or guilt?

"Worse than I thought" he finally answered and exhaled

"I can't decide whether he said it because he's loyal, or because he still feels guilty"

"This way of training him isn't helping"

Korn was silent, thinking.

"He wants to break himself for this family, that's why we assigned him to Kim. He needs to find his balance again" and Chan nodded at his words.

"What do we do?"

"Wait. He needs to heal. Obviously, it doesn't help training him while he's still broken inside and out" Then he paused.

"Rebuilding his spirit is harder than I expected" he added, then looked at Chan

"Get the recording to Kim"

"Yes, sir"

"Anything else, sir?"

"No, that's it"

Big was down by the shooting range. Perhaps he only had one healthy arm, but he still needed to pull his weight. He's a bodyguard after all. He let out a relaxing exhale. It was quiet. No one else was there, as it was in the middle of the night, and he didn't have to worry about anyone looking at him, or seeing him.

He walked to one of the booths, a gun, and bullets ready on the small countertop.

He had been avoiding the two brothers since he last talked to them. He couldn't take any more questions from them about Kim when he had no answer. If they wanted to know, why didn't they ask him themselves?