Sylvia

"G-good morning King Grey. "

I didn't even bother glancin towards her direction, walking as she followed a couple meter away.

Reaching the courtyard where all of the trainees were lined up with swords held in front of them I turned my attention to the instructors yelling at them about their incompetence which was quite frankly amusing. When he saw me he gave me a stiff salute and with the other instruction and trainees following suit.

I simply gestured them to continue and I resumed my walk towards my destination. Reaching my destination, I pushed open the double doors, arriving in front of an aged man with a head of thick white hair that matched his long beard, and emerald eyes that shined with a sense of cunning wisdom and knowledge. He was the head of The Council, Marlorn.

While I held the position of "King" knew I was nothinh but a tool who does their bidding without any resistance. The council was my master and I was the puppet. It was the governing body of the kingdom.

So what was the use of the position as the king.

The title of king meant that I was a one-man army. Due to the decresing numbers of children born and limited amount of resources, The Coucils of each country assembled and, after countless months of discussion and arguments, came to the conclusion that if wars continued to exist, we would eventally wipe ourselves out.

Getting rid of war would lead to two major outcomes: decrease in the death count, leading to a population growth, and decrease in the destroyed harvestable land and resources from the result of nucleat arms. So, the solution they made was the Paragon Duels. Whenever there was a dispute that impacted the state of a country, a paragon Duel would be declared, with each country sending in a representative that they deemed was the strongest.

Looking up, Marlorn exclaimed with the strandred fake picturesque smile that seemed to be an inborn trait among politicians, "King Grey! What brings you in my humble dwelling?"

"We will be going on a war with the Trydens."

Withou even giving him the chance to react, I pulled out a contract from my suit and I took him finger and used a small safety pin to pull out his blood to mark his sign.

Why was I doing this? I was an orphan and I never had a chance to live my life like a normal 19 year old. I have never dated. I have lived my life solely for revenge against those bastards whom killed Headmaster, Cecilia and my humanity.

But for what....

Personal Satisfication?

I know I will ever have that but I would still like the life I had in the town of Ashber. I missed my mother. I missed my father. I missed Durden. I missed Jasmine. I missed Helen. I missed Angela. I even missed Adam.

...Mother...

...Father...

*COUGH!!* *COUGH!!*

I opened my eyes again, with towering trees and dangling vines filling my vision as I lay on my back. However, this time, the excruciating pain that I was welcomed by told me I wasn't dreaming.

Where was I?

How was I alive?

I tried to getting up, but my body doesn't listen. The only thing I was able to manage was turn my head, and even that involved a series of throbbing pains in my neck.

Looking to my right, I spotted my knapsack. I slowly turned my head to my left, gritting my teeth through the pain.

There I saw whatever that was left of the bodyof the Conjurer I had dragged down with me. A pool of blood surounded the corpse. But I however did not give a fuck about his codition.