Chapter 4

-Alyssa's POV-

Thank god he was finally off my back. Why can't guys just take no for an answer, honestly so annoying. I continued walking through the city.
What else was there to do? I couldn't do all that much, normally I'd have hung out with Khloe, but can't exactly do that anymore.
I decided to walk through the park, perhaps the elderly lady who fed the birds was there. She was always a friendly lady, kinda weird- but friendly.

When I got to the park, it was for the most part empty, I saw a couple sitting on a bench farthest away, but no sign of the bird lady.
I had to admit that I was disappointed that she wasn't there.
I walked over and sat on the bench nearest. I just needed some fresh air, the park was a place where everyone was welcome, no matter the past. Which was nice, it made it feel like a second family.

Birds began to surround me wanting food. However I had none, I looked through my purse to see if I had any scraps I could feed them. "I'm sorry little guys, I know you're hungry"
Next thing I knew, I heard footsteps and bird seed was thrown in front of them, "You should always come prepared" I heard the person say. I looked up, it was a young man. He had blue eyes, as blue as sapphires, and his hair- his hair was a beautiful shade of brown, like that of caramel. He had a little boy in his arms, his son perhaps?
I laughed, and replied "That you're right. Honestly though, I hadn't planned on coming, it was a last moment decision" he nodded his understanding and set down the little boy, "Don't get in too much trouble, okay Leo?" "Okay bub!" The little boy said before rushing to play on the playset that stood in the center of the park.

"Your son?" I asked partly curiously, but also because he didn't seem like he was really old enough to have a kid that age. But there are cases where it happens.
He looked back at me, "Brother actually. I take him to the park each day after school" "I see, he seems to really admire you" he smiled, and moved his hand up to fix his hair that had gotten in his face "I'm all he has, I certainly try my best though"
All he had? That's really interesting.. I wonder what happened, I would ask, but it's not my place. I just met this man. It would be rude if I asked such a personal question.
He spoke once more, "I apologize for coming off strong, but you're very pretty" I looked up at him surprised, "I- uh- thank you" I finally got out.
Why would he find me attractive? I'm not anything special.
"Could I maybe take you out for coffee?" He continued
Wow, this is really happening-
"Wait, where are my manners, I don't even know your name, nor do you know mine" he did a cheesy bow "Travis, at your service m'lady" "Alyssa. My name is Alyssa" I said, I covered my face to muffle a giggle. Someone so cute is so cheesy.

"Awesome! Now I can do this properly" he said with a new burst of energy, "Alyssa, may I take you out for coffee?"
I still couldn't believe this was happening, however I replied "Sure, that would be nice"
We exchanged numbers, and I apologized for having to leave so soon.

As I walked towards my apartment thoughts swirled through my head. What the hell is going on with my life? The stalker- Travis asking me out- was Travis the stalker? No that'd be stupid, wouldn't it? But what if he was- we'd be Alone- on a coffee date. But, what if his brother came with him? After all why would he get a babysitter- no, no, I mustn't think like that. He hasn't given me any reason to think of him like that, but, the doubt is still there. I showed my key card and walked into the apartment complex. I pressed the up button on the elevator and I waited for it.

I heard the door open behind me as someone else walked in. I didn't turn my head, it was a normal occurrence. It's not like I'm the only one living here.
The elevator opened and I got in, as did the person. I had to look at them now, and saw it was a tall man. I hadn't seen him before, but that's not anything special. I pressed my floor then asked him what floor he needed "Seven please" he said in a low raspy voice.
Odd. That's my floor, perhaps he was visiting someone.

We stood in silence as the elevator went upwards. Neither of us looking at each other. I got out of the elevator first, and he came out behind me. I didn't want to go to my room yet, I was very on edge.
The man pulled out keys from his pocket and walked into Miss Sizemore's old room.
I guess he's my new neighbor? I pulled the keys from my purse and walked into my room. On my counter were orange roses. Just as the note said
"They were serious- how the hell did they get into my room-" I walked over to the vase of roses and looked at them, they were pretty, I would have enjoyed them if it wasn't under these circumstances.
A note was beside the roses "My love, I hope you like these, I picked them out specifically for you. They even match your beautiful amber eyes"
Creepy. I leaned against the counter and put my hands on my head, "What the hell have I gotten myself into?" I don't know what to do, people are getting killed because of me. This person is psychotic, how do I even handle this?
The thought of calling the police went through my mind. But, what if it only made it worse- what if the police got killed.. I don't want people dying because of me. I'll figure it out myself.

But

What were to happen if I.. I looked over at the knives.
No.
There's better alternative, that's not the only option. I sighed and poured myself a glass of wine. "Cheers" I lifted the glass to no one in particular, and drank it. Maybe tomorrow will be better, I need it to be better.