Chapter 2

-Alyssa's POV-

I came into work the next day early; I had to get the newsletter out. I went over to the door and motioned to the janitor to let me in. When he came up to me, I showed him my employee id and he let me in, "Thanks Albert" I said while walking towards my office. Out of all of my colleagues here, he was the only person who didn't treat me like absolute shit.

I sat down at my desk and began jotting down an outline of everything that had been on the news the night prior, as well as the information I had from the encounter with the mysterious figure. The source: anonymous, I didn't want them knowing that it was me who had seen the figure, the last thing I needed was more questions. I began typing out my story when Jessie came in, "Working early?" he asked in a monotone voice, he wasn't much of a morning person, or well a people person for that matter. But he worked efficiently as long as you didn't bother him before he had at least two cups of coffee, "You know it" I replied, I had placed my elbow on the desk and supported my head. I had come to a block, how could I reveal all the information I wanted without letting the public know it was me? If I had a stalker then surely he'd read my work, I decided to play my words carefully and soon got the report written.

For the rest of the day not much interesting happened, until one hour till closing. Albert walked into the joint office, not something he did unless it was necessary, "Alyssa" he said, his voice gruff "I have a box for you, a man dropped it off and insisted I gave it to you urgent" he handed me the box, and I looked at it seeing if there was any note that said who it was from. I was disappointed when I found no such thing. I opened the box, and to my horror a dead bird was inside with a note wrapped around its foot, I gently untied the note and read it,

"My sweet Aly, I apologize for the bird, he was meant to fly to your apartment. However, he was incompetent. I do hope you enjoy the flowers I've put in your apartment for you to come back to. They're roses, your favorite, it's interesting, I recently found out. That every color of rose meant something different, did you know that? Once I learned that I knew right away I just had to get you orange ones, the color of desire. It matches how much I lust for us to be together, wouldn't that be lovely? Just me and you, together forever, the thought of that excites me. You'll be pleased to know that I've sacrificed another in your honor, although I don't think the police will find this one so easily! Well my dear, I suppose this note has been long enough, from your Unknown Love XoXo"

"Another person has been killed" I said quietly to myself. What could this person want with me? I was the average person trying to figure out their life. It's not like my family was rich, or I was famous. Just anything like that, they genuinely are just obsessed with me

I pushed my chair back, and thanked Albert for the box. Then told Jessie I was going to clock out early to find new cases to write about.

"I need to hit the bar" I muttered as I walked out of the building, I could use a stiff drink with everything that has happened.
I soon made my way to the bar and sat down, before long the bartender took my order and prepared my drink, "Oh? There's entertainment this afternoon?" I said aloud to no one in particular, as I looked over at the band playing. It was a group of four, the lead singer seemed to be around my age, along with the others probably being college students as well.

"They're not supposed to be here" muttered the bartender while he fixed his glasses, "They only get about an hour here each week, and that's because his father is buddy buddy with the owner" he rolled his eyes "Their music is okay. But they always run off the young folk, too touchy after drinking"

I looked at him and nodded, "I understand entirely, no one likes a creep. Especially an intoxicated one" he muttered a sound of agreeing, and then went to serve other people.
I glanced at the band and the lead singer caught my glance and winked. Gross. I swung back my drink and put some money on the counter, I have other things I need to do, I can't get too intoxicated.