russian roulette is not the same without a gun

ابدأ من البداية

She whips her head back towards Yoshida. "S.. um.. stupid. It's something stupid. I-It doesn't matter." She smiles awkwardly, trying to hide her anxiety.

You decide to speak. "Are you sure? I'm kinda worried now."

"D-Don't worry! I'm fine, I promise!" She raises her hands beside her head and shakes her head as she speaks.

Ugh.. I feel bad for lying..

It seems Yoshida is examining her. You let out a sigh. "If you say so.." You take the last bite of your burger and wipe your hands off with a napkin.

"Mmm.. I don't believe you." Yoshida says.

"H-Huh? Why..?" She slowly puts her hands in her lap.

"You shook your head no while talking."

Dang it!

"Did I? I'm not lying, really!"

"I'll take your word for it. If something is wrong, I'm all ears."

She watches Yoru sit down in an empty chair, leaning over the table and glaring at Asa. "Don't get any ideas." She says with a cold tone.

I'm not, jeez..

"Thanks.. I'll.. keep that in mind." She responds. You sip out of your straw and finish your drink. You make sure to get all of it, despite how loud it is. They both look at you. Your eyes redirect themselves towards the two as you continue. You stop.

"What?"

"Why are you slurping so loud.." Asa says.

"Weird choice of words.." You reply.

"What other word would I use?!"

You giggle and put your cup down. "I'm just messing with you." She glares at you for a moment before laughing herself.

"You two are a good pair." Yoshida blurts out. "Well, I've decided to take my leave. Have fun." He sits up and begins to walk away. "H-Huh? Why so suddenly?" You say. He turns around. "I have things to do. I simply wanted to check on the aquarium."

"Oh.. alright. Thanks again! Bye bye!" You wave goodbye.

"Bye, Yoshida." Asa says.

"I'll have a chat with you later, Asa." He walks away.

A CHAT?!

She slowly turns her head back towards you. She seems startled. You sigh and lean over the table a bit. "Y'know, I can tell you're not fine.. what's wrong?" You speak softly.

I.. can't tell her.. this is so stressful.

"You better not. Remember, I can kill you at any time." Yoru says.

That doesn't sound so bad..

Yoru grunts rather loud. "I really wish you weren't like this. It's irritating!"

Maybe if you'd stop threatening me, it'd be different.

She stays quiet.

"Y/N.. just.. don't worry about it.. I'll be okay."

"What, do you like him or something?"

"HELL NO! I mean, just- no, I don't!"

"Jeez! A simple no would've worked!" She frowns a bit and looks down, fidgeting with her hands. "S-Sorry.. I really don't.."

"Well, good. That'd be a big problem for me, y'know?" You smile.

She blushes a little. "I just felt like he kinda.. interrupted."