- 29. 𝗦𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 -

.
.
.

The two's lips were barely an inch away when Sunoo pushed Jungwon back slightly. "You're upset, I think you should get some rest. Your mom's making dinner. I'll be helping her if you need me," He then walked out of the room.

Jungwon mentally facepalmed himself for what he just did. 'Damn, you stupid goddamn thoughts!' He cursed at his mind. "Now, he probably fucking hates me," He mumbled to himself with a pout.

...

"I heard him shouting. Is he okay?" Mrs. Yang said when she felt Sunoo's presence. "Yes ma'am... he's... fine," He told her, sounding like he was out of breath. The woman looked up from the vegetables she was cutting and saw Sunoo who was as red as a tomato. "Are you okay?" She asked as she walked over to the boy. "Really... hot," He replied breathlessly. Mrs. Yang didn't waste a second before she went to the fridge and got out a bottle of water.

"Thank you," Sunoo managed to say before opening the bottle and chugging the clear liquid. "Do I need to call an ambulance? What happened in there?" She questioned when the boy finished his drink. "I'm okay, it was just really hot in there," Sunoo lied. "If you say so, sweetie. Mind helping me?" She asked. Sunoo took a deep breath and nodded.

...

"Isn't the Jingle Bells Ball happening on the 7th?" Mrs. Yang asked Sunoo who was boiling some water. "Yes ma'am, in two weeks. I can't wait!" He replied as he jumped up and down a bit out of excitement. "Be careful," She told the boy who nodded and stepped away from the stove a bit. "The whole group going?" She wondered out loud. "Yep! It's gonna be so much more fun now that Yeji noona, Jake hyung, and Ni-ki will be there!" Sunoo beamed just thinking about it. "Cute~," Mrs. Yang cooed.

Sunoo smiled to himself before adding the noodles to the pot of water. 'Hopefully, everything goes well.' He thought to himself.

"I'm back!" Sunoo heard a male's voice say loudly causing him to jump a bit. "It smells nice in here," The man commented as he walked into the room. "Hi, honey," Mrs. Yang greeted her husband with a hug and a kiss. Sunoo smiled at the scene. He wished he had something like that. He wishes he had it with Jungwon. He then remembered what happened in the bedroom and felt his heart break. Was he about to be Jungwon's rebound?

"Hello, to you too, Noonoo," Mr. Yang greeted the boy with a smile. "Hi, Dad," Sunoo said back with a soft smile. "How was your day?" The man asked. "Same old," Sunoo replied. "Maybe it's because all the crazy stuff will happen at that ball," Mr. Yang joked. "Maybe," He laughed before Mr. Yang left to get dressed into more comfortable clothes.

"Sunoo-yah, ask your mother if she wants to come over for dinner. It looks like we're almost done," Mrs. Yang told the boy. Sunoo complied and texted his mother. It didn't take long for her to reply and agree. Sunoo told Mrs. Yang she would be there before going back to the noodles.

Once the duo finished the meal Sunoo went to Jungwon's room to tell him dinner was ready. "J-Jungwon, dinners finished," He told the younger. "Okay," Jungwon answered as he got up. "But... before you go, could we talk about earlier?" Sunoo asked. "I don't know what you're talking about," Jungwon answered, shocking the older. "I'm being for real, Jungwon. Can we please talk," Sunoo pleaded the shorter.

"Can we eat so I can forget about Jay hyung?" Jungwon asked as if nothing had happened. Sunoo was confused but nodded. Jungwon took the older's hand and walked him to the dining table where the three parents were.

"Hi, Jungwon!" Sunoo's mother greeted him brightly. It was obvious where Sunoo got his aura and personality from. "Hi, Mama," Jungwon greeted the woman back with a bow. "You've gotten more handsome since the last time I saw you," She complimented the boy. Jungwon shyly thanked her before sitting down.

"What the actual fuck is going on?!" Sunghoon exclaimed after Sunoo explained to him what happened. "I know, that's what I thought. I don't know what to do," Sunoo sighed as he sat next to the ravenette. Sunghoon patted the boy's thigh. "Try and tell him how you feel as soon as you can. Obviously don't tell him when he's having a mental breakdown but do it during a sentimental time. Remind him of all the good times you've had. Try and show him and get it through his head that he and Jay aren't meant to be together," Sunghoon told the other.

"I don't know," Sunoo replied looking at his lap. "You've been hurting and hiding for too long now. I finally broke my shell with Jake and now look at us. All you have to do is say, 'I'm in love with you' That's not much different from, I love you. I know you've got this Sun," The older reassured the younger.

"Why don't you confess at the ball? That's when I'm gonna tell Jake about my feelings. We could be twinning," Sunghoon suggested before nudging the boy in the side. "Yeah! I'm gonna do this! He's gonna feel the same!" Sunoo encouraged himself with a sudden wave of confidence. "That's the spirit!" Sunghoon hyped the boy up with a big smile.

"I'm freaking out, Hyung. Please help me," Jake pleaded to the tall rabbit-like male. "I'll help, please get up," Soobin agreed with a face full of disinterest. "Thank you so much! But I do have to ask why you seem so grumpy," Jake thanked the male. "Sit down, son," Soobin ordered the younger. Jake sat down on the taller's couch and waited for him to speak.

"I went to your school before I graduated," Soobin started. Jake realized Soobin was being serious and started listening carefully to what he said. "There was this boy I really liked. His name is Yeonjun. He's tall and really pretty. He was the school's bad boy, you could say. He was a year higher than me and we were really close. We went to the ball together that year as dates and later that night he ended up confessing to me and we shared a magical kiss. We got together and thought that nothing could ruin the night but something did. There was a slow song playing and we ended up dancing together on the dance floor but a minute later some really mad parents entered the room. Turns out, they were his parents. They had found out Yeonjun got into a fight over me, his now lover. His parents were and probably still are homophobes. They didn't like the idea of their son dating another boy let alone getting in fights over him so they dragged him out of the building. I still remember the way he yelled my name and how he said he loved me and would come back to find me no matter what as tears rolled down his cheeks. It still breaks my heart to this day. They ended up shipping him off to America but I have no idea where. They got rid of all the ways we could contact each other so I had no way of finding out. It's only been three years but it's felt like forever. I sometimes still miss him but I've accepted the fact that he's gone."

"Do you not still have at least some hope?" Jake asked Soobin whose eyes were glistening. "Sometimes I do think of what he said and I hope he meant what he said. But I understand if he doesn't. His parents probably won't let him leave the country," Soobin explained as a tear fell from his eye. Jake got up and hugged his friend. "He meant it," Jake reassured the older as an idea popped up in his head.

"W-what do you mean?" Soobin asked confusedly. "I don't know this Yeonjun guy but I do know that he meant what he said. I know he loves you and I know he wouldn't break a promise," Jake told the taller as he broke the hug. "Thanks a lot," Soobin thanked the younger. "Anything for my bestest of friends," Jake said as he got up.

"Gotta go home?" The oldest asked. "Yep, it's getting late," Jake stated as he collected all of his things. "Sayonara!" Jake chirped. "Bye-bye. And I'll have your outfit ready by tomorrow!" Soobin bid his goodbyes before Jake left.
.
.
.

1443 words