- 03. 𝗔 "𝗕𝗮𝗱" 𝗜𝗱𝗲𝗮 𝗕𝘆 𝗠𝘆 "𝗕𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆" -

.
.
.

Hoon 😒

Meet me at the gate in front of the school tomorrow. You don't have a choice.

What, why?

Because I need your help
Please don't ask stupid questions

Okay?

...

Jake was confused by the command but shrugged it off. He was too tired to go back and forth with the younger.

Jake woke up at 5:07 am due to waking up so early during the week. He groaned as he stretched. He pulled out his phone from his pants pocket. He always kept it there so the sound of his phone didn't bother or wake his father.

When he opened his phone he saw the texts he and Sunghoon shared the night before. He was still confused as to why he wanted him to meet him at the school but he didn't care. Sunghoon would be Sunghoon. As long as he didn't want him to commit a crime he was fine.

Crash!

Jake's heart stopped beating for a second. The sudden sound scared the shit out of him. He got out of his bed and quietly opened the door revealing his drunken father still knocked out on the couch. He sighed realizing that the bottle of beer he had in his hand had just fallen causing the sound. He took that as a sign that he should go ahead and leave before his dad woke up.

He took out his phone and texted Soobin.

Binnie Hyung! 💙

Hyung
You up?

Yea
Need to come over?

Badly
I smell like shit

🥲
Okay you can come over

Thank you hyung!

Don't mention it
Now shut up and get your ass over
here before flies start to swarm you

Aye, aye captain

...

Jake shut his phone off and packed a small bag with a change of clothes. He then left through the window. There was no way he was going to try to exit through the front door. It was way too risky.

He swiftly jumped out the window and landed on his feet. "Hm, not bad," He complimented himself before heading towards his friend's place.

He knocked on the big brown door and a few moments later the same dimpled boy opened the door. "Oh, I can already smell you," Soobin said pinching his nose. "Please get inside," The male said practically pulling Jake into the building. Jake giggled at the elder's actions and went up to Soobin's home.

When Jake finished showering he went down to help Soobin with the café. He also made him and Soobin a little breakfast. Nothing special just a croffle, scrambled eggs, toast, and two chai lattes.

"Wow, you didn't have to," Soobin said looking at the meal Jake made for him. "Well, I did. Think of it as a thank you for helping me for all these years," Jake said smiling sweetly. "Where'd you learn to cook like this? It looks amazing," Soobin said now looking at Jake.

Jake's expression changed when he asked that question. It went from a happy one to a sad one real quick. "Did I say something? I'm sorry," Soobin apologized seeing the younger's face. "It's okay. I learned from my mom. But it's not that big of a deal. These are really simple things to make," Jake said with a small smile. "Well, it still looks amazing," Soobin said before digging in.

"I have to go," Jake said getting up from his spot on Soobin's couch. "Do you need me to take you there?" Soobin asked. "Nah, I'm good," Jake said gathering all his things. "Okay, see you later," Soobin said before getting a hug from the younger. "Bye, hyung. See you tomorrow," Jake said after breaking the hug. "Be safe!" Soobin shouted as Jake opened the door. "Don't worry!" Jake shouted back in response.

It was 10:21 pm. Sunghoon told Jake to be at their school at ten thirty but that was most likely not gonna happen. Jake didn't care much anyway. Sunghoon wasn't like the bullies in the movies, in fact he wasn't really a bully at all. Jake just didn't know what to call him. They most definitely weren't friends or anything more, they didn't want to be associates either. You could use the word 'enemies' but Jake didn't hate the younger. He was just tired of him.

When the two were younger Sunghoon would always flirt with him but in the most embarrassing ways. He even 'proposed' to Jake in the hallway in the 9th grade with a ring pop. Everyone in their grade was there! Jake went off on him that day for his stupid little act causing Sunghoon to start pressuring the older to give him things. He'd always threaten him by saying he'd tell everyone about his secret. Jake automatically thought he knew about his father and mother so he obliged and started stealing from his father and giving what he had to Sunghoon.

Jake was actually the one who insisted that he did Sunghoon's work too. He just wanted to make sure that boy kept his mouth shut. Sunghoon obviously accepted the offer. I mean who wouldn't take up that offer? Especially from one of the smartest kids in the grade.

That being said, Sunghoon was never really mean to him. Sometimes he'd tease him or act like he didn't want to be associated with him but he never made fun of him as others did in the past. He never put his hands on him either. Jake was confused about why he didn't do any of those things but was grateful.

When he reached the school he didn't see anyone. It was now 10:36 pm. "Did his ass leave me?" Jake asked himself as he walked towards the gate. It was quite dark outside. Only the light from the few streetlights and one in front of the school illuminated the ground he walked on. "AAHH!" Jake yelled after being aggressively hugged by someone out of nowhere.

"Shut up you fucking dumbass," The person hushed Jake. "Sunghoon what the hell?! Get off of me!" Jake shouted at the black-haired male. "Okay, okay. I didn't want to touch you anyways," Sunghoon said as he let go of him. "What did you want?" Jake asked looking at the younger. He could barely see his face due to him facing away from the lights.

"I'm gonna need you to lower your tone. We can't get caught," Sunghoon said as he looked back at the older. "What?! What do you mean 'we can't get caught'?" Jake asked already knowing the younger was about to say something outrageous.

"We're breaking into the school."
.
.
.

1103 words