I quietly walk into my first period. Thankfully, Mrs. Cruz was looking at her computer and didn't notice me walk in.

My eyes immediately went to my desk to notice that River was sitting in my seat. What the hell? Why is he in this class? I know I'm in a class full of seniors, but Riv has never been in this class before.

My eyes quickly scanned the room for any open desks, but of course there weren't any other than the empty desk next to River.

I wish I had choked on my McDonald's breakfast this morning instead of having to sit next to River. I walk to the only empty desk, and I immediately turn to look at Riv.

His black hair lays messily on top of his head. If I'm being honest, I was jealous of how good his side profile was. I could see a faint scar right above his brow and one on his jaw.

"What are you doing here?" I say it and quickly realize that I was being a bit loud. I snapped my head up to look to see if Mrs. Cruz heard me; thankfully, she didn't.

Riv slowly lifted his head to look at me. Just the slightest movement caused one of his tattoos on his neck to slip out from underneath his dark hoodie. "In class." He responded with a grin, causing his dimple to show.

"This isn't your class." He raises his brows as he turns all of his attention to me. "Is this room C26?" I nod. His grin widens slightly. "Good, then I'm in the right place." My lips move into a thin line as I'm already growing annoyed with him.

Why is he really here? To see one of his girls? I ask myself. I wouldn't doubt it. I remember Noah telling me that he dared River to go into a random class just to get her number.

I pull out a paper and pen as I whisper, "Just go back to class. Make sure you tell my brother to stop with the stupid dares." River shakes his head, and a low chuckle escapes his lips. "I had my first hour changed." He said it nonchalantly, not giving me any clue why.

"What did you do now?" I roll my eyes. "Why are you not happy to see me?" I scoff at his question. Happy? No more like annoyed.

I watched as he leaned forward, just enough to feel his breath against my ear. A shiver crawled up my spine as his words left his mouth.

"You're welcome, by the way." His deep voice is low, and his intoxicating smell fills my nose. A woody scent with a hint of cinnamon.

Giving him a confused look. Before I could ask what he meant by that, he was already speaking.
"Your sandwich." My eyes widened with realization.

I wasn't able to thank him last night. My cheeks flushed slightly with embarrassment. "I was going to say thank you, but you left early." I whisper, looking over at the teacher.

Mrs. Cruz was just talking about something I already knew, so it wasn't that bad that I wasn't paying attention. River glanced down at me with a smirk.

When Riv went to say something else, the bell rang, and I was already out of my seat with my bag over my shoulder.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. After school, June ended up driving me to the raceway to help mom out at the shop.

I worked for a few hours before the boys showed up. Noah practically threw himself into one of the spinny chairs Mom has in her office.

My brows drew together at the sight of my older brother. He slumps into the chair. His brown eyes were bloodshot, and the smell of alcohol filled my nose.

"You let him get drunk?" I turn, snapping at River. Rivers' eyes filled with guilt, but he didn't say anything; he just looked away.

His black hair is messy, and the familiar headphone hangs around his neck.