CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT

Start from the beginning

He said that on behalf of his unit, he was personally going to offer an additional reward, with his own money. That the 4 officers were his, and were great men. We won't stop until we hunt those 5 guys down. So if you are watching we are coming for you. And we will find you.

The reporter asked the conditions of his officers, and if he wanted to add anything, and he offered prayers to their wives and then showed a snapshot of all 4 of them together, just face shots of them.  I said, "Oh my God."  I had just got the eggs out and had them in my hands, and dropped them.  

Tom was coming out of the  bedroom.  He heard the eggs breaking. Heard me say "oh my God" a couple of times.

Tom said, "morning. don't worry about the eggs. I'll clean it up."

I looked at him.  I said, "Hanson"   He gave me a hug.

I saw his hand.  I said, "Tommy what happened to your hand."  He said, "it's fine. I just jammed it a little last night."  I said, "jammed it how."  He said, "being clumsy. So tell me how was your girl's night, did Allison have any fiascos"  I said, "no not really. She about had a melt down because her hair."  Tom laughed.

I said, "Tom"  He said, "how was the movie"  I said, "I didn't really like it."  I said, "Tom"  He said, "Why not?"  I said, "Hanson  I'll tell you later. So the reason I dropped the eggs."  Tom said, 'yeah"  I said, "I just was watching the morning news."  Tom said, "anything interesting."

I fixed his plate.  He sat down by me. He said, "Thank you. You are the best cook."  He smiled.

My mind was racing. Remembering last week, when Judy and I came back to find Tom there by himself, he telling us that the guys went with Booker to a strip club for lunch. How every time  I thought that they were talking and then stopped when I came in, and same with my dad and Tom. Judy thought that it was about my ring. How Jay put this night together, and planned on me going with Allison and Judy, damn was Jay involved in this I mean just lying for Tom, or did he actually take part in it.

I hate to even have these thoughts, but those 4 guys right after I see them when I was out with Tom. He never let on, that he saw them, or if he did maybe I was so freaked out and not paying attention and didn't notice he was looking. But still even if he saw them how would he know it was those 4 guys that I was staring at. I mean this is crazy. It can't have been Tom. I mean but his hands, and he is changing the subject. But how would he have known those 4 guys where to find them, at a strip club.

I said, "Hanson have you heard of the Blue Lounge."  Tom said, "yeah, never been there though"  I said, 'is that one of Booker's clubs"   Tom said, "yeah"  I stared at him.  Tom said, "Baby you don't have to worry. I don't go out with Booker. I never will go there. I can't stand that man."  I said, "I noticed that."

He smiled.  He said, "Sydney have I told you again how much I appreciate you cooking for me, but you don't have to."  I said, "I love to cook, so I don't mind."

I was watching him.

I said, "Tom guess what happened last night at the Blue Lounge."  Tom said, "what" 

I am trying to figure out if Tom is looking nervous, or looking guilty, is he trying to change the subject, or just making conversation.

Tom said, "Why didn't you like the movie? If you want, I can take you to a movie tonight, one you want to see. Who picked the movie, did Allison?"

I said, "I'd love to go to the movies with you, and yes Allison picked it, and I didn't like it because it was a gut punch because this guy cheated on this girl, but she took him back and it ended happy."

Tom said, "I'm sorry you had to see a movie like that. Why would Allison pick that when she knows."  I said, "I don't think she thought about it."

Tom's view: