Scars Pt. 20

Mikasa walked in on them like that. She wanted to tell Levi his mom was here to pick him up.

"Levi is asleep with Eren. Is it alright if he just sleeps over?"

"I'm very sorry, but Levi has homework he needs to get done and I don't need him failing his classes."

Mikasa nodded and went upstairs to get Levi. She gently shook him. He woke up to see Mikasa standing beside the bed.

"Your mom is here to pick you up. She needs you home."

Levi looked at her then back at Eren. He scoffed and went downstairs.

"Mom, can it wait? Erens going through something and I wanna be there."

"Levi, hon, I'm sorry but you have homework you need to get done. You also have a few assignments that are missing. You've never turned in an assignment late ever before."

Levi scoffed again. "Please, mom!"

"Levi, I am not telling you again! You are coming home and getting that homework done before you fail a class! If you fail even oke class, you will no longer be allowed to see Eren!"

Levi then outed himself. "I'm dating Eren!!"

His mom had no words. "L-Levi, why didn't you tell me you were dating him? It doesn't change anything, but why didn't you say anything? I told you tell me if you ever have any change with your gender identity, pronouns or sexuality!"

"Why does it even matter if any of that changes?! If you don't care, then why do I have to tell you!?"

"Because, I want you to know that I'll be there to support you!"

"You're not being very supportive right now when I want to be there for my boyfriend!!"

"Levi Ackerman, you do not yell at your mother like that!!"

"Whatever, mom. I'm trying to be there for my boyfriend when he's going through anxiety, bullying, panic attacks and yelling by his own teacher!!"

"Levi, it that does not- wait, what?"

"What?"

"Anxiety, bullying, yelling and panic attacks?"

"Yes, mom! He's been- never mind... It doesn't matter obviously."

Levi ran back to Erens room and closed the door gently. That's when he realized Eren was awake.

"What's going on? I heard yelling."

"It's nothing for you to worry about. You don't need any more stress."

"But I wanna know."

"I know you do, Eren, but some things are better when they are not said."

Eren leaned in Levis chest and slowly closed his eyes.

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Levi kissed the top of Erens head and started slowly closing his eyes as well. Him and Eren were both extremely tired. Levis mom barged in, immediately waking up Eren. Mikasa walked in after her.

"Levi, we are going home now."

"I'm not. If my boyfriend needs me, I'm going to be there no matter what."

"Levi, let's go, now!!"

She grabbed Levis wrist but Levi snatched it away.

"I'm not leaving."

"Yes, you are and you're gonna like it!"

Eren removed his head from Levis chest and layed it down on the pillow on his bed and covered his ears. Mikasa ran to his side and pulled him in for a hug. Mikasa whispered softly in his ear.

"It's okay, you're okay. I'm here, he's not, he's gone for good. He won't come back, and of he does, I won't let anything happen to you, I swear."

Eren leaned into her chest and just rested like that as he continued covering his ears. Mikasa pet his head gently and she started forming tears and her voice began to break.

"You're alright, I'm here."

Levi continued arguing with his mom, not knowing Eren was getting anxiety.

"Mom, how many times do I have to tell you?! I'm. Going. To. Be there. For. My. Boyfriend!! Whether you like it. Or not!!"

"Levi, you're not going to talk to your mother that way!"

Mikasa wanted to step in, but knew if she started yelling, Erens anxiety would get worse. Instead, she got up and bent down to Levis level and pointed to Eren without any context. Levi looked to where she was pointing and saw how bad Erens anxiety was and rushed over. Levi had Eren lean his head in his chest. His face was buried in Levis chest.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea your anxiety would be so bad."

Eren cried a little bit.

"It's fine..."

"It's not. I knew about this, yet, continued to yell. I'm so sorry, it never should've happened."

Eren wrapped his arms around Levi as he continued to bury his face in Levis chest.

"You wanna stay here? Then stay. Don't even think about coming back home!"

Mikasa followed his mom.

"Why can't he go back home? He has nowhere else to go."

"He can't come back home because of the way he spoke to his mother!"

"Really? So just because he spoke to you in a way he shouldn't have, he can't come back home?"

"Exactly, he doesn't deserve to come back."

"That's harsh, don't you think?"

"No, I think it's the right punishment."

"Ma'am, i-"

"You will not tell me how to parent, are you even a parent yourself?"

"I don't have any kids, but-"

"Exactly, you don't even have any kids."

"Before you-"

"No, you're not gonna tell me how to parent when you have zero kids of your own!"

"Please, ma'am, let me finish."

"Fine, go on."

"No, I don't have any kids myself, I'm a little young for that, but I was a parent to my little brother. When our mom died, it was just me, Eren and my dad. When it was just our dad, he would always yell at Eren. When our mom was still living, she always comforted him if he had a nightmare. But once she passed, our dad beat Eren when he had nightmares, so I was the one to comfort him after a nightmare. I take him to his doctors and dentists appointments because our dad never cared."