Hope Harmoni

My name is Hope, my last name? Unknown. My parents had never bothered to tell me before that day came, so i took the liberty of giving myself one. Harmoni. it was simple, sweet, and matched me very well. I was sprawled across the bed in the white room, prepared to take the new medicine that the 'Doctor' had sent me. But i knew the truth. That is wasnt medicine, but a test vile.

   As i layed there, i thought back to 14 years ago. About how this all started.

 I was only three years old, and it was a rainy Friday afternoon. The sky was completely black, and all you heard was the constant loud booming of thunder.

 I- Being the oblivious little girl of almost everything- sat on the family room couch playing with my stuffed teddy bear, Rosie, while Mom and Dad sat at the table talking quietly. 

They have been doing this a lot lately, but ive never thought anything of it, well, because i am three!

 That all ended when a loud knocking noise sounded from the door.

     Mom immediately rushed to open the door, as if trying to beat Dad there. Yet, the minute she opened the door, she fell to her knees and started sobbing. Soon, Dad came up behind her, and sat her on the couch beside me, where she held me in her arms and stroked my hair. 

Thats when i saw him. Tall, Dark scruffy hair, pericing green eyes. But what frightened me the most, was the large long cut going down the left side of his face, causing him to squint with that eye.

     I gasped when i saw it, but mother put her hand over my mouth, shushing me.

"Honey, this is Doctor P. He is here to make you..." He paused for a moment, looking back up at the man.

"To help you cure your illness." His booming voice said, that shook the whole house. I was confused. Illness? I wasn't sick. I felt perfectly fine. I crawled up closer to mama, while Dad came over to me. He grabbed my arms and pulled me away from mother, Rosie was falling out of my hands and onto the floor. I cried out to mom to get it, but she was too busy yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs.

"No! Dont take her! Take me!" She screamed as father handed me to the man. I teared up and looked at him with a pleading look in my eyes, wanting him to take me back, but it was too late. He looked away as the man carried me out the door, and no matter how much i struggled, i couldnt escape his grip.

     How could they do this to me? I knew the truth. I was not sick, they were sick! Dad had to pay off a debt, and he used me! His own daughter! The last thing i remembered seeing that night was my Dad slapping Mother down as she tried to get me back. Then, i felt myself being put down in the back of a car, and something covered my face. Everything went black.

    Now i sat on the bed, wondering when he was finally going to come in. I have been a lab rat, for the past 14 years. Taking the endless needles in my arms, legs, face. Just for his own personal gain. He wanted me to become a superhuman, and to use my abilities for himself, but i refused to. He didnt know this, but in my head i was planning an escape. So i can get as far away from here as possible, and go back home.

   As the door opened and closed, i saw the Doc walk over to me, take out a needle, and inject the fluid into the veins of my arms, as he has done for the past 2 weeks. I closed my eyes and felt the buning sensation go all the way to my heart, and there it kept getting hotter and hotter, and hotter, until i couldnt bear it.

And everything went black once more.

Thats just me, Hope Harmoni. The Super Natural.