CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION

Start from the beginning

I was not paying any attention to Tom, just staring at them to make sure they walked out the door.  Thank God.

Tom said, "Sydney what's wrong."  I said, "Nothing Tom." Tom said, "are you feeling sick?"  I said, "no not now. I was."  Tom said, 'But you don't now."  I said, "no"  Tom said, 'So you want to stay."  I said, "yes."  The waitress came and took our order.

Tom's view:

Ok, it's definitely those 4 guys. I was looking trying to see where she was looking, and couldn't really tell which table she was looking at, but when those 4 guys got up, I watched her, and her eyes were following them to the door.  The minute they walked out she let out a deep breath. I guess she was holding her breath, it's definitely those 4 guys.  I am betting those are 4 of the officers who she worked with. But if that's the case, I really need to find out what they did to her. I mean the look of fear in her eyes. Upsets me.

We eat and have a good meal.  Tom thought he was going to pay, but when I went to the restroom, I found our waitress and told her I wanted to pay. So I gave her my credit card.  Fooled him.  He is stubborn and won't let me pay when we go out. 

We went back to the office, and Judy asked me if I would help her with her case. Since Tom and I were not on a case at the minute.  She was going to interview someone at the mall, and wanted me to tag along.

The guys were teasing us saying yeah sure you just have to interview someone at the mall, you just say there is an interview.  We laughed and left.

Tom said, "you guys I  need your help. think I have a lead on some of those officers that harassed Sydney. But I need to find out for sure. Is there a way that we could pull up either a group picture or picture of that unit."

Dennis said, "Should be. If they aren't undercover, there pictures should be up on one of the sites."

Tom said, "We went to eat lunch at Sydney's favorite Mexican restaurant, and she was excited to be there, and then we get to the table, and she was looking around, and then froze. She looked pale, and I saw fear in her eyes, and then she was trying to get me to leave. I followed where she was looking and spotted the 4 guys, and when they left, she was fine. Let out a deep breath."

Dennis said, "That sounds like your guys. I want in on this Hanson."  Doug said, "count me in."  Harry said, "me too."  Tom said, "Thanks guys. I appreciate it."

Dennis got his laptop and went to a site he knew of from his days with his other job.  He was able to pull up individual pictures.

Tom spotted them, he pointed to them and said those 4. That's them.  He wrote down their names.

Doug said, "we got their names, now how do we get them"  Harry said, "one of us could follow them"  Dennis said, "yeah, but they might get suspicious."  

Dennis said, "Hanson I have an idea.  I got a buddy that runs a club, that a lot of cops hang out at.  A strip club. Let me take this and see if he's ever seen these guys there. If so, I can see if he knows when they will be there."  Tom said, "Fine, but I'm  not going into one of your clubs."

Doug said, "yeah Booker, you trying to get Tom turned into a girl. His woman is tough."  The guys laughed.

Booker left to go talk to his friend.  Doug and Harry wanted to go with him, since he was going to the club.  Tom stayed at the station.

Tom texted Jay. Said, "call me when you got a minute."

Jay called in between clients.  Jay said, "What's up Hanson"  Tom said, "I thought you'd want to know, I identified 4 of the guys that were in Sydney's old unit."  Jay said, " I want in on paying them a visit."  Tom said, "I figured you would. I mean me and the guys are putting in a plan right now, so it's taken care of if you want to stay out of it, but if you want in, then"  He said, "count me in, so how did you find them"