Chapter 1: A Mentally Tiring Day

After the events of  Any Sport in a Storm

TW: MENTION OF ABUSE, HINTING TO SELF HARM
——————————————————————
Hunter's POV:

"You need a ride back to the castle little prince?" Darius spoke right after I had turned away in the direction of the castle.

I appreciate his concern, but I don't need him. "I know a better way home." I turned to him and held out my arm, Flapjack turning into a staff before me. I grabbed the staff and used a dash to get me up into the air before flying off to the castle.

Flying back without just using a dash was more relaxing than I thought it would be. I could feel the wind on my face as usual, but it wasn't as harsh as the speed of the dash.

That stupid piece of hair was flapping around in the wind, and kept getting in my mouth though. It was nice while it lasted I guess.

When I got to the castle, I went straight to my room. Closing the door behind me as I walked in, I plopped down onto my bed. Flapjack landed next to me on the bed, pecking my head.

"Uhgg, what do you want?" I spoke, turning my head to face him. I could never be mad at those cute little brown eyes. My tired face formed a smile as he cocked his head at me. "Chirp?" [You ok?]

"I'm fine, just tired. Thanks for caring about me though, not like anyone else does..." My tired vent was interrupted by yet another chirp. "Chip chirp! Tweet." [Darius cares about you! I can tell.]

His sweet cheeps mean so much to me, even though I wasn't really convinced. Darius just feels pity for me- or maybe one person does like me who isn't a bird. I thought back to when I got my cheek scar... Darius cried that day.

My friends say Belos "abuses" me, but it's simply just punishment. I honestly don't remember what I did wrong that day. Probably just failed a mission, talked out of turn, got mad at him, don't know, don't care. All I do remember from that day is the pain, the yelling, and the look on Darius' face when I walked out of the throne room covered in blood, and practically screaming I was crying so hard..

Like I said, punishment.

I snapped back out of thought when Flapjack snuggled up next to my face. I sat up on my bed and wiped my tears, just now realizing I was crying. I allowed Flapjack to hop up onto my shoulder, as I crossed my legs and leaned against the wall.

"What should I do, Flap?"

"Chip?" Flapjack cocked his head, turning to me in confusion.

"I mean- I was thinking about my scar, so if I go to sleep now I'm probably going to have another nightmare." I spoke in a quiet tone, as not to awake any sleeping coven guards... or Belos.

"Cheep! Chirp tweet cheep." [Look around! There's plenty to do.] Flapjack flapped down onto my lap, looking up at me with his big brown eye.

As I began looking around, I heard footsteps growing closer in the hallway. Going completely silent, I listened for who it was based on their footsteps. I relaxed when I realized it was just Steve. Steve has kinda quiet steps. They are spread out and quick, but only when he's not in a bad mood.

As I went to lay down, the pain in my back and lack of air in my lungs reminded me of the binder that I had yet to take off. I sat up on my bed, first taking off my cape and shirt. I looked down at myself, enjoying my last few seconds of being flat-chested. After taking off my binder and pulling my shirt back on I laid down again, Flapjack hopping onto my chest to curl up and sleep on.

"I'm glad someone enjoys it." I spoke softly, looking down at Flapjack resting peacefully on my now, no longer flat chest.

Getting bored again, I gently picked up Flapjack and set him down in a pile of blankets next to me. Sitting up, I looked over to my nightstand. On top of it was a two week old glass of water that I never touched, an open first aid kit, a sewing kit, and my binder.

Opening the top drawer, I see a few books that wouldn't fit on the bookshelf in the corner of my room, a pair of scissors, a knife, a sketchbook-

a knife..

758 words

Sorry not sorry for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger lmao

~Void