𝟓

⚠️ WARNING : some of the things shown in the chapter might be disturbing to some readers. If you don't like horror topics you can freely skip to the first three dots.

THE THUD OF THE door opening echoed through the corridor as a girl in a white, sprinkle-patterned hospital gown ran, leaving a dark corridor behind her

THE THUD OF THE door opening echoed through the corridor as a girl in a white, sprinkle-patterned hospital gown ran, leaving a dark corridor behind her. The faded light blinked fast behind her, giving off only a slight bit of light. Water dripped down from the ceiling and onto the light blue floor tiles, mixing with the dark blood that ran and ran down her body like a waterfall that never ends. Every step she took resonated loudly, as the broken tiles resounded a broken sound as they jumped under her feet, scratching them a little when a sharp end brushed onto her skin, through her socks.

She tripped, hitting the ground harshly as she fell onto the broken glass that stuck her skin in every place. Arms, legs, everywhere. She brushed all the parts that were near her away with a swipe of her hand, trying to catch the sign of any left anywhere through the water that covered some of them, making them invisible. When she was sure she was safe, she rashly began to take out all the glass spikes out of her body. An intense feeling of regret ran a shiver down her spine every time she took one piece out, but she knew she was doing the right thing at the moment. She needed to get away, to run hastily out of the building and the bleeding scars she would get were a better option than what was waiting for her right behind her, what will hunt her down if she won't hurry.

She was ready. She tried to stand up right after she finished taking out the glass, but she couldn't. Her legs felt limb, no feeling running through them no matter how hard she hit them. She couldn't move, her legs staying in one place even when she tried to tighten her muscles, bringing them back to life. Her arm twitched even stronger with every moment that passed for her, lying on the cold ground, she fell deeper underwater with each drop that fell from the ceiling like a fountain, wetting her clothes and body. Moving her hair that fell onto her forehead and stuck to her skin she took a huge breath in as she realized her lungs begged her for air she wasn't giving them for quite a while. She moved her hands forward swinging her hips to move her body forward somehow, when a certain liquid drop fell right onto her eye, making her vision half-red. She looked up, terror drawn on her soft face, as she sobbed, her lips shaking in fear.

Another drop stained her forehead, another one on her cheek, the liquid dripping down faster and faster with every second. A pool of dark blood fell onto her face, and shoulders, covering her whole body and plumping down into the still-rising water. She cried, loud yells escaping her puffed, purple from cold temperature lips. She tried her best to crawl out of this place, but the exit was nowhere to be seen, the hope slowly fading in her, yet she still tried. The pain in her body rose quickly, mixing with a lack of energy she felt and dizziness, but she couldn't stop moving now.

Impulsively, her head snapped back a scream echoing everywhere, bumping into the damaged, blood-covered white walls of the hospital, as her eyes opened in shock. The scene before her was frightening, giving back all the strength she ever had in her whole life. She crawled away, her legs swaying alongside her hips making small waves in the red water that already raised pretty high, covering her tights and hips, quickly reaching her chin that she put up high to see anything. Her sky-blue fluffy socks were now dark, soaked with blood and water, holed everywhere from the glass she had earlier in her body, drowned deep under the water, invisible to the eye through the red liquid that colored it, making it less transparent.