𝟑

CROSSING THE STARTING LINE, Hana pressed down harder on the accelerator, her focus fixed on the road ahead

CROSSING THE STARTING LINE, Hana pressed down harder on the accelerator, her focus fixed on the road ahead. "Take over him on the right, he's focused on Kai," Myeong instructed her through the earpiece. Following the command, Hana turned the steering wheel to the right, speeding up and gracefully moving past the white car.

"Fuck you!" echoed faintly from the open window of the car, provoking laughter from Hana and her friends, who were listening to everything around her through the radio.

"In 500 meters, slalom. Three right, three left, and you'll be all good," another piece of advice came from the girls, who observed the road from above through their small drone, assisting Hana. Pushing the speed arrow to its limits, she maneuvered the car, closely pushing the vehicle in front as she finally got onto the slalom section.

Hana skillfully got through each turn, keeping the speed of the other car, determined to rush ahead. Glancing at the driver for a brief moment, she received a beautiful middle finger from the ugly man, whose face was formed in a grimace, revealing his unkempt teeth that made her feel disgusted.

She simply sped up, having enough of the awful sight. She wouldn't have been such a bitch about it, if the guy hadn't come across — as what she heard and believed in — as a complete jerk.

Looking around, she took in the sight she loved the most — the blurred view, cars and buildings whizzing past. She opened the driver's window slightly, relishing the wave of adrenaline as the rushing wind swept into the car, ruffling her hair. A faint smile crept onto her lips as the familiar feeling tightened in her chest, each breath becoming harder to take with every passing second, yet she loves loved it.

She spotted Kai's car racing ahead of everyone, prompting her to shift to the right, overtaking another car and tying for fourth place in the race. Her gaze locked onto the green car leading the whole race, a burning desire rising in her, begging fate to surpass it — to the point that several individuals might have said she got obsessed. The road they were crossing was slowly coming close to its end, necessitating a strong move to avoid losing.

Pushing the car once again to its maximum speed, she made contact with the car beside her, nudging it slightly to the right, where another girl was driving. Another collision happened, causing both cars to quickly slow down, leaving Hana and Kai in the lead.

Closing in on him from the right, she fixed her gaze on him, knowing he will use some help as he took apart the interior plastic parts of his car to do something — as she suspected — connected with some kind of a modification that promised improved speed. "Let me know when I'll be 300 meters from the finish line," she instructed the girls, who confidently responded through the radio, keeping track of the remaining distance.

Kai's car sped up to an extraordinary speed, right after he pulled the lever that was the key to unlocking the speed, quickly coming upon the finish line, when Somi's voice trumpeted through the radio, "Now!" Hana pressed the red button, releasing a flare of blue flame that matched the blue light emanating from beneath and behind her car. The very velocity threw Hana back deeper into her driver's seat, but she managed to hold onto the wheel, overtaking Kai in the final few meters before the finish line, securing her victory. Braking sharply, she left behind black skid marks from her worn-out tires. Pausing for a moment as the other cars passed her and came to a stop, she opened her car doors, stepped out, and got onto the top of her car, raising her hands triumphantly as the surrounding crowd exploded with cheers.