𝟏

"LET'S ENGAGE in the race at the 'ground'," she suggested

"What the hell are you thinking!?" they all yelled at the same time, their eyes widening at her sudden words, staring at her in disbelief "Are you completely out of your fucking mind?" Jia burst out loudly, her eyes fixed deeply on her friend's face as if she grew a pig's ears and tail. "Come on, don't you see the positives? It has got so many of the pros'' Hana told them with a small hint of hope in her voice "We have to help those people to avoid the similar fate we were compelled to go through all these years. Now when we have an ideal opportunity to do so, yet you still hesitate?" She queried her voice dripping with sadness, her face forming a faint grimace. Standing tall, she faced the four girls, the bitter scent of betrayal filling the atmosphere. "Where are those tough girls you once were? The ones who were willing to take the leap, not fearing the consequences?" she questioned them, her gaze piercing through their souls deeply.

"Listen, Hana, there's a difference between talking and doing," Eunbi said with a tinge of sadness, throwing a sympathetic look at Hana and getting closer to reach out and grasp her hand. However, Hana pulled away, tears welling up in her eyes. Her emerald orbs lighting up with the reflection of city lights, their watery sheild sliding down her cheeks with the salty tears. "We were meant to protect those people," she cried out, her voice quivering. "We caused the death of so many individuals for that cause, and now you want to brutally betray our steps? What will it give you in return? Because it's stupid to suspect that a good sleep" she continued, crumbling to her knees on the grassy ground. "We can still protect those people without diving deeper into this whole mess," Myeong suggested, her voice soft and soothing as she attempted to console her friend.

"If we go down this path, we will meet our end much sooner than if we had someone stronger and more advanced with us," Hana shouted at them, rising to her feet once more and wiping away her tears with her arms. She fixed her gaze upon the girls, her eyes red and filled with strong emotions but it was definitely not sadness.

"No matter your decision, I will race ahead without hesitation. You cannot stop me," she muttered as she walked past them, brushing hardly against Somi's shoulder with her own in the process. "Hana," Jia pleaded, gripping her wrist and stopping her in one place. "Please," she implored, her sad voice hidden under the sharp as knives expression, gazing up at her with an intense and penetrating stare.

"It would have been better for the world to see you eaten up by the flames that day, you wretched bitch," she uttered with an icy tone, directing her cold gaze towards the rest of the group. "And the same fate concerns to you all." Taking advantage of the element of surprise, she forcefully removed her hand from the grasp of the other girl.

Descending the terrain's slope, she swiftly reached her car and sped up away, the roaring engine drowning out any other sound. The remaining girls stood in stunned silence, searing pang piercing their chests as if countless blades had been ruthlessly thrust into their bodies.