Butterflies

You walk inside, sighing almost silently at the comforting coolness of the inside compared to the heat outside.

K/M: Welcome! You must be my daughter's friends! It's so nice to meet you!

Komi's mother welcomes you in, and you bow to her, sitting where she tells you to sit as she blabbers on about how its nice that Komi now is friends with a nice and pretty girl your age. You and Komi both blush out of embarrassment, and Tadano simply talks and laughs with the boisterous woman.

After a couple minutes of talking, a boy that is younger than you walks out with an emotionless expression, practically a smaller, boy version of Komi.

K/M: Shosuke! Meet Komi's friends!

She waves him over, making him sit in the empty spot directly next to you.

K/M: Awee, what a cute little couple!

You hide your face in embarrassment, and he just walks up and leaves. You swear you see a hint of red on his face as he quickly (But elegantly) walks out.

After talking for a little while longer your mother arrives, talking and chatting with Komi's mom. You hear them giggle and loudly whisper about Shosuke being head over heels for you, which you don't believe and just ignore.

Minutes later, more people arrive and there is a barbeque going on outside. You help yourself to food and sit in the grass, away from everybody. You are focused on your phone when you notice someone sitting next to you.

Its Shosuke. The both of you sit in an awkward silence (well, it was awkward for you, he didn't really care) and you munched on some grilled corn, breaking the silence with a crunching sound. He smiles and breaks out into a giggle, and you smile embarrassed.

You mull over his features as he laughs, and realized he's gorgeous. You snap yourself out of your trance and feel your face heat up as he puts his hand over yours.

What's this feeling of butterflies in your stomach? You feel his eyes look into yours and he looks embarrassed before quickly pulling away and leaving at a brisk pace.

You keep munching on your unfinished corn, feeling sad for whatever reason. You get up and dust yourself off, excusing yourself as you head inside. Did Shosuke actually like YOU? Nah, that can't be. 

You bumped into someone as you were suctioned into your thoughts, falling back onto your bottom. 

Ouch.