Rude awakening

You woke up to Yamai pinning you to your bed, little beads of sweat pooling on her forehead as she hurried off of you, hoping you would just think your tired mind was playing a trick on you. You looked at the clock on your bedside table. 4:45 am.

You couldn't go back to sleep, fearing what the awake Yamai would do if you slept again. You went downstairs to get a glass of water. It was extremely dark in the kitchen due to it being the wee hours of the morning, and the lights were off.

Searching for the seemingly invisible light switch, you notice a dark figure in your peripheral vision and dark your head in that direction. You finally feel the light switch and switch on the light quickly.

Yam: KYAA-!

You see Yamai with a bag full of stuff. She didn't have that before? Wait- is that YOUR strawberry tote bag?! You cross your arms and glare at Yamai, waiting for an explanation. Is she trying to steal from you? How did she get down here so fast? How did you not even notice? Yamai, however, is frozen. She's internally panicking because the bag she stole from you, is full of OTHER things she stole.

You see your parents at the top of the stairs, rushing down because of Yamai's scream.

Mom: What happened hunny? Is everything alright?

When both parents were downstairs, Yamai was mortified.

Yamai POV: AAAHHHHH!!! WHAT WILL Y/N'S PARENTS THINK OF MEEEE?!?!?!?!? THEY'LL THINK I'M A SCHEMING THIEF!!!! NOW I'LL NEVER HAVE A CHANCE WITH Y/N!!!

Once the whole situation was sorted out, Yamai, your mother, your father, and you were sitting at the dining table. At 5:00 in the morning. Your mother was very laid back about the situation, your father was confused, and you didn't know what to make of the situation. The items Yamai stole from you lay spread on the table, neatly arranged by Yamai to try and make her look better.

Mom: Yamai, why did you try to steal from us?

Yamai shrunk in her seat, putting her head down. She was very embarrassed. You could see from the bright red hue of her face.

Yamai: W-Well...

Yamai looked at the ground, fiddling with her fingers.

She finally looked up after 20 seconds of silence.

Yamai: I just wanted something to remember this sleepover by. I-I promise my intentions were pure! I just... don't believe pictures are a good way to remember something because they can be so easily lost.

You stare at her, baffled.

Your mother places her head in her hands and looks at Yamai sweetly.

Mom: You could've asked if you wanted some things of Y/N's. You can keep everything, just not the bag. I'll get something else to hold them in.

WHAT?! You look at your mom as if she was crazy. You look at your dad for a second opinion, but he fell asleep. You tap his shoulder to wake him and he goes up to his room.

You watch him walk up the stairs and disappear into the hallway. You sigh and get up to do the same, but feel a hand on your shoulder. You look behind you and see Yamai. She holds your shoulder in her right hand and your strawberry tote bag in the left. She quietly apologizes and hands you your tote bag. You take it and stare at her coldly.

You go upstairs and disappear into the darkness of your room. You melt into your bed, exhausted. You see it's now 5:37. You get up to lock your door and slide a note under your door that reads, "Please have Yamai sleep in another room." And go back to your bed. As soon as you hit the mattress you're knocked out.

But not before you think of ways to avoid Yamai tomorrow.

\