Sleepover?

???: Because she thinks you're pathetic.

You and Tadano whip your head in the direction of the voice, and you aren't surprised to see Yamai. She quickly rushes into a room, where you faintly whisper her asking herself why she said that out loud.

You sigh and try to reassure Tadano that you weren't thinking that. As you put your hand on his shoulder, he blushes and smiles at you.

The day goes by normally, Yamai occasionally giving Tadano a death glare or two. Lunchtime rolls around, and you sit by yourself as usual, eating (Fav/Food) and relishing the delicious taste.

N: Hey (Y/N)! Mind if I sit here?

You nod your head and gesture to them to sit down.

N: I just wanted to spend time with yah! You're really cool, and almost everyone here talks about you. You could go down in school history!

They smile while throwing their arms out in a dramatic flourish. You gulp, a cold sweat forming on your forehead. Are people talking about you? And they said almost everyone. That's way too many people giving you attention. What if they're saying bad things? What if everyone hates you? Najimi senses your discomfort and tries to reassure you.

N: It's all good! No worries. It's mostly about how pretty you are and how much people want to date or be friends with you.

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. You went back to your delicious food, listening as Najimi drones on about random things.

30 minutes later, you finish your food and Najimi finishes theirs. You smile to yourself, having liked the company Najimi gave you. You go through school breezily, and you catch up with Tadano and Komi. Komi scares you a bit, so you "talk" to Tadano.

T: Oh hey (Y/N)! what's up?

You scribble quickly on a notebook, showing it to him so he can read it.

(Y/N): Nothing. I just wanted to walk with you guys.

You briskly turn the paper around and write on it again, adding an "If you want to" to it. Tadano nods his head.

T: Sure. I don't see why not.

He ushers you closer, as you were standing a couple feet away. You walk with the both of them in an awkward silence. Tadano tries to lift the mood, but he whispers to Komi first. She nods a yes to whatever he said, and he turns to you.

T: Komi is having some friends over, and some are staying the night. Would you like to come?

You look at Komi and then look at Tadano, before etching an answer in your notebook.

(Y/N): Sure. I'll have to ask my mom about staying over, though.

Komi seems to ease up, and Tadano beams.

T: Okay! You can borrow my phone to call if you need to.

You shake your head and wiggle your own phone in front of him, texting your mom and asking if you can stay at your friend's house for the night. She berates you about finally getting a friend, before admitting she was just teasing and giving approval. She asks for the address and you tell her to give you a second.

You go on your notes app and type out," Can I get the address? My mom needs to know." And show it to Tadano. He reads it and smiles.

T: Can I see your phone so I can type it out?

You hand him your phone and he types it out. You copy and paste it on the message to your mom, and she says she'll bring over a sleeping bag and some clothes. You sigh and gently smile at your phone, typing out a "Thank you. I love you, Mom." Text and then send it. You type out the news on your notes app and show Tadano and Komi.

T: That's so sweet of your mom to do!

You nod. As you near Komi's home, you can't shake a certain feeling of happiness. You can't help but think about all the friends you might make this year.

Making it to Komi's house, you can't suppress a smile as you walk inside.

You just made another friend, haven't you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I PROMISE I'm gonna have a longer chapter out next week! I hope everyone likes this chapter!