Sleep Over!

After getting off the bus, it was already almost dark. Yamai ran up to you, a little too eager to start your project.

Y: Y/N! Can I go home with you to start our project?

You don't want to seem rude, so you knod your head yes.

Y: R-Really?! Thank you so much!

She started jumping around, happy about being able to go to your house. Yamai skipped ahead of you, seemingly knowing the path to your house by heart.

Once you got there, your mother greeted both you and Yamai happily.

Mom: Hi Y/N! And what's your name? Y/N never had a friend over before!

Y: Yamai. Ren Yamai. It's so nice to meet you.

They shook hands while you stepped into your house, planning to go straight to your room and start the project. Your mother, however, had other plans.

Mom: You can't focus on an empty stomach! You guys need to eat. Come on, let's go to the table. I've already made dinner.

You ate alongside your little sister, your mom, your dad, and Yamai. It was mostly quiet but your family talked sometimes. Your sister finished first, heading to her room after cleaning her plate. Your father left after cleaning his plate and kissing you and your mother on the cheek. You and Yamai had finished and were about to go clean your plates, but your mom stopped you two.

Mom: No, it's fine! Don't worry about it, I'll clean the plates.

You bowed a silent "thank you" to your mom. So did Yamai. After working on your project for a bit, Yamai decided to head home.

Y: Oh, it's late! I should head home.

You saw the dangers of her going home alone when it was so dark. She was about to walk out when you gently grabbed her sleeve.

Y: Y-Y/N?! W-What do y-you need??

You didn't know how to tell her to stay the night without talking, so you grabbed a notebook and started writing.

"You should stay the night. It's dangerous to go out alone."

Yamai blushed at the thought you were worried about her. She nodded her head profusely, blushing and squirming. You went downstairs to ask your mom if she could stay the night via notebook, and your mom agreed. Your mom let Yamai use some spare pajamas you had lying around and rolled out a mat on the floor for her.

Yamai had taken tiny objects from you as souvenirs to add to her shrine, thinking you didn't notice. But you did, because she was painstakingly obvious about it. Snatching tiny pieces of your hair off of your head thinking you wouldn't notice. You did.

When it was time for bed, she layed on the mat on the floor and droned on about how grateful she is to you.

You fell asleep, not caring enough to listen fully. Yamai caught your light snoring and swooned over it a little bit before taking it as a sign you weren't listening.

Y: Goodnight my love.

She said, going into a slumber of her own.

Sorry for the short chapter and lengthy upload time! I had no internet cuz I moved and it was all sorts of madness. New chapters soon!!