Chapter Thirteen

If you are seeing this, i accidentally published without taking it away. feel free to laugh at me for it.

___________________________________

Inside the school, there was nothing new, surprisingly, other than the names on the lockers, and the fountain being broken (but who ever used that thing anyways?)

Our couple walked down the hallway, and opened the ominous door.

Without much hesitation, they both opened the door, and jumped in. They both landed in their dark world outfits, that were admittedly too small on them now. Ralsei was fine, since his robe was big already, and he hadn't grown much. Kris had to strip his armor down and stretch his suit out.

Ralsei waited on him. His mind was on the ring he had bought Kris and nothing else. The thought nagged him, but he wanted to save it for the perfect time. While Kris sorted out his outfit, Ralsei fixed their inventory situation and decided to use Toast as a distraction, holding her in one arm. She didn't really help.

Ralsei began to get impatient with himself.

"y'know..." Ralsei began, while grabbing Kris's hand again, not looking back at him. "I've been thinking..."

"mhm..?" Kris asked.

Ralsei looked up at the castle. It could do with some dusting. The fact it was dirty gave him a headache. He opened the door. He forgot what he was even saying.

"you can definitely tell nobody's been here in a while..." Kris said. "It's kind of creepy..."

Ralsei had set Toast down to roam the castle. There wasn't much she could get into, and he had closed the downstairs door so she couldn't get hurt.

"Yeah... but it was always this way. Even with people here." Ralsei began cleaning while talking, not even realizing he was doing so.

"Umm... Ralsei? You know we only came here to grab some things, right?"

Ralsei looked down. "Oh! yeah... sorry. The dust was bothering me..." He stood up and dusted himself off, sneezing.

"Should we head upstairs?" Kris asked, trying to get Ralsei's attention off of the mess.

"Yeah... I'm getting some bad memories from here."

"How so?" Kris asked, curiously.

"I wasn't kidding when I called myself 'the lonely prince'. I would sit in that corner and stare at the wall, having conversations with myself when you weren't around. I was driven crazy staying all alone here... Sometimes, I swear it would talk back..." Ralsei said, with a somber tone. "I mean it, too. Every second of silence was deafening."

"Oh, Ralsei... I had no idea..." Kris said, sounding concerned, and a bit saddened. He truly didn't know.

Ralsei heard Kris's sad tone, which is bad for his unstable soul. It could kill him. He immediately stood up, sounding cheery again. "I don't have to worry about that anymore, do I? Now I'm never alone."

"I'm still sorry you had to go through that..." Kris said. "And when you needed me most, I went into a coma..."

Ralsei sighed, desperately trying to change the subject.

"It's best if we leave it at that, isn't it?" He asked. "There was nothing that could be done about it then... And there's still not much we can do about it now."

Ralsei looked back at Kris, Who still looked upset at this. "Hey, I am fine now, aren't I? Let's go upstairs."

They both went upstairs, leaving toast to eat. They walked past the empty rooms, straight up to Ralsei's.