Chapter Twelve

Ralsei walked into the bathroom, to find Kris throwing up.

"Hey... Are you okay?" Ralsei asked, crouched next to him, his hand on his back.

Kris groaned. "I can't... Speak to him right now..."

Ralsei put his hand on Kris's forehead. It was very hot. "What happened between you two?"

"Take one look at him and tell me what you think. He is a pro football player, top of his class, has a college degree, and is an all around nicer person than me." Kris groaned again. "Now... Take a look at me. I have never played a single sport, I'm a freak, a middle school dropout, and throwing up in the toilet, feeling bad for myself. All I'm good for is making others pity me."

"Where did you get that idea from? He's only got more than you because he is much older, and technically you are a high school dropout. Comparing yourself to him is bound to make you feel bad, because you are trying not to live in his shadow, but nobody ever said you had to, and I must admit, his record are impressive, I'm sure he doesn't mean to rub it in your face."

"I'm not worried about that." Kris said. "I'm worried that, seeing him, you would think less of me... I don't want to lose you."

Ralsei pulled Kris's hair back into a little bun. "Is that all? Perhaps the truth will make you feel better; I am simply not interested in him. I love you., And I was simply trying to get to know him a bit better, since we haven't really been talking the past two years... I haven't really been talking to anyone in the past two years... You kept me busy, though."

Kris threw up again. "Just... Keep talking, please. I need to know you are still there."

"I honestly felt hopeful that you could continue to reset, because I finally had people to talk to, but when i learned you may reset during our relationship, it was us breaking up, but without consulting me first... I had to say something, though, that didn't seem to stop you... Just as I thought I had finally gotten somebody who understood me, you went into a coma... And as time went by, I felt more and more like I wasn't going to get you back, and I felt almost destined to be alone... You will never know the joy I feel when I see you wake up every morning, and the fear when you fall asleep first... And especially how I felt earlier, knowing I may leave you for the first time in two years... The bet was only a cover-up for me begging Asriel to wait on you, even after I told him you said you didn't want to come... Emotionally, parting with you would be like parting with my soul, but I guess it's physical too now, haha..."

Kris was no longer throwing up anymore, just listening to Ralsei speak.

"It's kind of funny, to think that I fell this hard for you... And I still haven't been let down..."

Kris finally spoke up. "Have you not talked to anyone else about this?"

"Only you, but you weren't awake."

"That isn't the same...."

"Believe me, I know..." Ralsei said with a smile.

"Now, I won't get mad, but have you seriously not been looking at my brother even just a little?"

"I mean... He is tall... I can't even see his face. I couldn't if I wanted to." Ralsei said. "To answer your question, I haven't really been looking at anybody but you... I'm afraid to make eye contact with anyone else... Why do you ask?"

"Just curious, though I wouldn't have gotten mad."

"Have you been looking at anyone?"

"Yeah, right. During my coma, I was looking at all the hottest guys in town, And the whole time I was inside sitting next to you, I was somehow peaking at other men behind your back" Kris teased.