Chapter Twenty One - New Beginnings - ✓

"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope."

______________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty One - Roses point of view

New York City 

______________________________________________________

Chip drove us home and I literally ran to get coffee.

"Babe, it's official. You're addicted," my future husband said.

"No... I just need caffeine so we can stay up late and tell each other our full stories! I mean we're getting married!" I screamed. Maybe I was a bit too excited.

Ziggy chuckled. "Okay, wife. I'll be right back."

I watched him go and then I got my coffee. I couldn't help myself. He came back with his hands behind his back.

I gave him a questioning look.

He got down on his knees again. I started crying before a word came out of his mouth.

"Rose, I know this is my second time proposing. But here's my ring for you," he said while opening a jewelry box, "I've thought about marrying you for a while and needed a moment. I'm twenty one and you're eighteen. So we're practically eloping but I really think your father would approve of me because I will give you no less than the world. I cannot wait to marry you and be the father of your kids. I cannot live without you and I know we will have an amazing marriage. Just say yes again."

By now I was bawling and I pulled him up and I smiled.

"Yes."

Then Ziggy began crying. It was so beautiful. He slid the ring on my finger and I've never had anything that fit so perfectly. It was a golden ring with a simple diamond in the middle. On either side was a small wave type line of our birthstones. I took it off quickly to look at it closer and our names were engraved in the inside of the ring. "Jessie and Rose Steel".

"The date will be put in later," Ziggy whispered.

"It's the most beautiful thing in the world. I love you Jessie," I whispered.

We walked to our bedroom and I started changing. I no longer felt awkward in front of Ziggy. He showed the same gesture by changing on the other side of the room. I climbed into the bed and anything that happened after that was pure love.

The next morning I filled Ziggy in with Rocky and everything else over breakfast.

"Rocky? Man that bastard!" Ziggy screamed.

"Calm down, babe," I said with a warning look. I don't think I really got over when he was drunk and really hurt me.

"I am I know babe. I won't hurt you, the ring is a promise," he reminded me.

"We should talk about getting Flame back," I said. I needed my best friend. I haven't a clue about how she was handling the baby and school and her parents.

"We need to wait a couple months. The cops will be watching."

"One month. That's when her pregnancy is due and when school is out."

"Fine."

And that began a normal month for me. Ziggy made Crow come over a lot and we had a service for Rocky. I found Ice and told her that he loved her. Later when she became as accustomed to it as possible I gave her a letter and a ring from him. Looks like Ziggy and I wouldn't have been the first marriage. We also announced that we're engaged and planned the wedding to be in July. Two years after my life became a hell and heaven. I'll also be nineteen then. I was so excited and today's the day that our road trip is on. I packed a bunch of stuff and Crow was the first to be in the car. Heck I'd be nervous. It's the time where Flame is supposed to have her baby and we've had no way to contact her because of the FBI. Even though the creep Dimitry had eyes on her. He was a businessman my grandpa scammed and I also just guessed on everything I said. I got lucky. I still needed to find that box but that would be for another day after the happiness was gone because it always goes away at some point.