Chapter Seventeen - City of Angels - ✓

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth."

___________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventeen - Rose's point of view

Road trip from NYC to LA

__________________________________________________________

"Babe, wake up," I hear from beside me.

"Five more minutes," I replied. I sounded like I was begging my mom not to wake me up on a school day. If you only knew how much I missed them.

"No, babe, we have to leave now if we're gonna get to Los Angeles in decent time," he stated.

"Fine," I finally mumbled.

Ziggy smirked and pulled me out of bed. I squealed.

"Put me down! I want to shower and change before we leave," I begged.

He put me down but didn't bother to wipe the smile off his face.

I sighed.

"I'll make some coffee while you go get ready. Ten minute shower, okay? I want to leave and I don't need my water bill to skyrocket. I'm gonna need a new job soon with you living with me," he played around.

"Guess ten minutes actually mean thirty then," I smirked and walked away.

"Don't think so!" he called after me.

I undressed quickly and turned on the hot water. As I washed my hair I thought about last night. It was definately something but I'm not sure how Ziggy feels. I can't help but think that now our relationship will involve sex all the time and I don't necessarily want that. I don't want to talk to Ziggy about it either. I didn't realize how long I was in the shower until I heard a pounding on the door.

"Fox, get out! It's time to go!" he wailed.

I sighed. "Coming."

I slowly got out and wrapped a towel around me. I then grabbed a second one to wrap around my hair. I walked out and into the bedroom to get dressed. I already had my suitcase packed and because we were traveling I decided on comfy clothes. I had tennis shoes and sweatpants on. I grabbed a plain t-shirt and Ziggy's NYU sweatshirt. Don't ask me how he got it because he didn't even go to high school. I think he stole textbooks but I'm not sure.

I walked out to see Crow, Flame and Ziggy all eating waffles and drinking coffee. I smiled.

"Who's driving?" Crow asked.

"I will," Ziggy said. I turned to look at him.

"Why you? I stole the car," I challenged.

"I saved your life numerous times and I deserve a heroic award of driving that baby," he responded.

"You wouldn't have that baby unless I stole it. I've been driving longer, as well," I said.

"I've driven too and I'm the man in this house so I get to drive it." He crossed his arms.

I gasped. "You're a man? I had no clue."

He narrowed his eyes. "So what was last night then? Still need me to prove my manliness?"

"Okay, enough!" Flame said, though she was smiling. "You can both drive and take turns, though, I suggest Ziggy drives in the morning because you are so not a morning person, Fox."

I crossed my arms and sighed.

"Just don't scratch the thing," I mumbled.

"Don't worry," he smirked.