DNA Test

Request: No

Summary: Baby girl is expected to be here any day, and both of you are excited. Unfortunately, Marshall starts to have some doubts towards you and the baby upon labor & delivery

A/N Warning: This chapter contains themes of intimacy.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Your POV:

— A Few Days Past Expected Due Date

It was currently October 15th, and I was late. I was supposed to give birth to our baby girl a week ago, but she still hasn't come yet. It's like she was determined to arrive on Marshall's birthday in two days. He was excited, and expressed how cool it would be to share his birthday with his daughter, but I thought otherwise. I was so uncomfortable 24/7, had back pains, couldn't sleep, was always peeing, always eating, and constantly getting punched in the ribs or kicked in the bladder. I just wanted her out of me at this point, that I didn't care when she came! I was ready to tap out.

Aside from the pregnancy that felt like it was never ending, Marshall and I were doing great. These past 9 months have actually felt amazing. Marshall treated me like a queen, getting me whatever I wanted, catering to my every need, giving me amazing foot rubs, running baths, decorating the baby room, and even hiring someone to plan a baby shower for us. It was great! I had no worries at all because I knew I could always rely on my man to take care of it for me. Sure we were only married for less than 2 years, but I trusted him with all of my life.

We were also both equally excited to be welcoming our first child together. When he first found out I was expecting, he was cold and distant at first because he had sworn off kids and didn't want anymore what-so-ever, and even tried to persuade me to get an abortion... That's how the song River came about, unfortunately, but I told him no. We had ended up separating for a month without any contact. It really broke my heart that he didn't want anything to do with me or his child that he had created despite it being accidental, but he eventually came around. He realized his wrong doings and wanted to be apart of her life regardless, and we rekindled things, patching it up. Ever since that day, he's been nothing but ecstatic. He was over the moon - Probably more than I was, and that said a lot because I was extremally joyous. And when he found out we were having a baby girl, he had the biggest smile on his face, saying how he was clearly destined to be a girl dad since that seems to be all he creates.

Me, much like him, was about about our baby. While mines was initial happiness unlike his, I was still happy nonetheless to be able to experience this journey with him. While it may not have been written in the books for us or for life to play out this way, things happen for a reason. Right next to Marshall, this was now one of my biggest blessings. I couldn't wait to be a mommy for the first time. I couldn't wait to go through life, raising a little one right by my side. I couldn't wait for all of her firsts, her achievements, and just simply watching her grow day by day. I was nervous, but ready for it all. And knowing that Marshall was by my side, a man who knows what it's like to be a father, who has already raised 3 beautiful girls of his own and yet another, and was willing to help me with whatever, whenever, really calmed me. I knew we'd make great parents, and that he'd be an excellent father.

Anyways, I was currently bouncing on an exercise ball in front of the tv as I watched one of my many trash reality tv shows. I was determined to get baby girl out today so I was willing to try anything to induce this labor naturally. The doctor had given me a few suggestions so I was trying them all out one by one today. I started the day off by taking a nice hot bath then had Marshall rub my body down with some essential oils known to induce labor - Didn't work. Then I took advantage of our huge property that the house was located on and went for a walk while enjoying a mug of raspberry leaf tea - Also didn't work. And lastly, I tried to eat spicy foods, but can you all guess what happened? It didn't work, yay! I ate a spicy ramen noodle bowl, hot wings, and the viral tiktok jalapeno with Takis and cream cheese, and nothing happened. Baby girl loved it though. She kept making me eat more of it as she seemingly danced around in my belly, which Marshall laughed at in amusement. So I was on my second to last option: Bouncing on a bouncy ball. However, that didn't seem to be working neither as I had already been doing so for the past hour, and I didn't feel any different at all. I was over it. In a minute I was going to get ready to stick my hand up my uterus and take her out myself!