Chapter 3

"Professor?" I asked, tears now streaming down my face. "I've never even been out of the country, where am I going to live?" I asked. I wiped the tears from my face and looked up at her.

"We have already arranged everything. You will take a plane over to New York and a nice wizarding family will be there waiting to pick you up."

She started walking again "They have already been informed about the situation. You will be known as Maddie Windsor. They have a daughter the same age as you and an older boy who is a year or two older. You will stay with them until you finish school and if you wish to come back after that, it's up to you."

"So, I won't see Harry for seven years?" I asked choking sobs back. "That is correct, I'm very sorry, but it has to be this way," she said leaning down and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

For the rest of the day, McGonagall told me everything there was to know about everything; magic, America, my new school, and our past. It was a lot to take in. That night she took me back to the leaky Cauldron and a room on the upper floor of the pub. I hoped to see Harry but to my demise, Professor McGonagall had informed me that he was already on his way to Hogwarts school and I would be on my way the next morning.

How could I go seven years without seeing the person I grew up with and loved?