𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

chapter forty three

{ unedited }

[ tw ; panic attacks, eating disorders, suicidal intentions ]

STAYING TRUE TO HER WORD, Camilla was still there when Rowan had woken up that morning, even going as far as driving Rowan to Blue Farm for breakfast. Rowan couldn't really remember much of that night, however, only knowing she asked Camilla to stay and not avoid her because Camilla had told her so. Rowan stuttered over an apology, cheeks flushed in embarrassment whilst Camilla simply waved it off, claiming it was fine.

Rowan honestly believed today was going to be a good day from how it was going so far, her thoughts not screaming at her for the first time that week. She may still have been slightly tipsy which had a hand in that.

It was a false belief.

As soon as Rowan stepped into Bob's home, she knew things were going to go downhill. He and Jay had been waiting for her, Jay standing by the stairs with his arms crossed as if he had been waiting for Rowan to show up. Her gaze flickered to Bob and he looked away instantly, scratching the back of his neck. "What's going on?" Rowan asked slowly, looking between the two repeatedly as the door shut behind her. Neither answered. "Bob?"

"Uh...Rowan, you know I'd love to have you stay here, right?"

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" She asked with a hesitant smile. "You said I could." Bob didn't respond and Rowan's smile slipped. "You said I could," she repeated more firmly this time, a hint of aggression lining her voice. "You said that."

"I know," Bob said, voice soft but it didn't help Rowan's growing frustration. "And I meant it. I still do. But, Rowan, you showed up in the middle of the night drunk out of your mind. Not only are you underage, you know how dangerous that is for you. I had to tell Jay, you didn't give me a choice."

"No..."

"You're moving in with Raya Acree today," Jay said, no sign of emotion on his face. Rowan wondered if he had any and why he would possibly take this job when he had no sense of empathy or sympathy whatsoever.

"Fuck no." Rowan stepped back, her body trembling as she looked between the two. "I'm not going there." She felt her breath getting caught in her throat, her heart dropping to her stomach. Her body felt heavy and tired as if she was on the verge of passing out, no longer the slightest bit tipsy as cruel reality reminded her once more how much of a mess her life actually is.

"You don't have a choice."

"You promised!" Rowan's frantic gaze landed on Bob, tears prickling her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She wasn't sure if she could keep them back for long though. "You promised! You said I could trust you!"

"You can," Bob said, finally walking closer to the two. "Rowan, you can―"

"Bullshit! You're leaving me just like everyone else!"

"Rowan..." Rowan hated how pained he sounded. He didn't get to sound hurt. He was the one fucking her over, he didn't get to be hurt. Rowan flinched back when he tried to reach for her.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Rowan winced, her back hitting the door harshly and Bob's hand froze mid-air, eyes widening the slightest. "You lied to me!"

"I have never lied to you," Bob said slowly, "I meant everything I said. You will always have a room here, that hasn't changed. It never will. But, for now, it's time for you to join Cameron again. Haven't you two been apart long enough?"